Technical Telephone through OEM Radio

Currently reading:
Technical Telephone through OEM Radio

Hi all.

I have been searching for answers on this subject for just under 2 weeks since I bought my GP. Basically I have the 1.4 8v Active Sport, with the standard Blaupunkt MP3 CD head unit.

bpgpmp3by1.jpg

Do you know if there is anyway to source my mobile phone calls through the radio, as on the back of the HU there is inputs for a telephone hook up. I have looked at the Blaupunkt Bluetooth adapter but its not for OEM radios. Any help would be much appreciated.

Dave

i had the same problem a wile ago

basicly i tryed to get a bluetooth thing for my car from halfors and due to the tipe of head unit it can only be done by fiat cos it misses around with the on bord computer, so the guy from halfords told me :p. so i just had to settel with a motorala thing that clips to my sunviser, its verry good but i still wish i could of had the other 1 :(

i had the same problem a wile ago

basicly i tryed to get a bluetooth thing for my car from halfors and due to the tipe of head unit it can only be done by fiat cos it misses around with the on bord computer, so the guy from halfords told me :p. so i just had to settel with a motorala thing that clips to my sunviser, its verry good but i still wish i could of had the other 1 :(

Don't trust anything halfrauds tell you, I bought a Sony Ericsson HCB-300 off ebay and had the thing working perfectly with the Blaupunkt .mp3 head unit. And is really easy to wire up as well, that bit I will get round to 2morrow if the connector comes from blue spot. So it can be done.

Dave

Last edited:
hmmmm im rather intrested now...... so were and what did you get all this stuf????????

tom

hmmmm im rather intrested now...... so were and what did you get all this stuf????????

tom

Well I got the handsfree unit off ebay, just search for HCB-300 Ipaid £41.90 inc p&p, the connector I have ordered from http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/phone_in.asp

And found on the net where to conect the various wires up to basically with the unit, you get a cable that has 12v+, ground, music mute and ignition sence. you also get a speaker with the kit, all I have done is chopped the wires off about an inch from the speaker and these will get soldered to the yellow and green wires on the connector from blue spot, and the mute wire goes to the black wire on the same connector. The unit automatically grounds the head unit out, so on the display is shows "phone". and feeds the conversation through the car's speakers.

Its not installed into the car permently yet, I know it works as when I got home from work this evening, I connected it all up with the female side of some spade connectors.

Last edited:
nice man! im if you could do a how to thing with pics that would be soooo helpful!

Cheres

Tom

Basically you get

A bluetooth electronics box
Mic
Speaker
Control panel
Power/Ignition sence/Mute cable

dsc00001uy5.jpg

dam man that looks prety sweet 4 £40! when you get it sorted show some pics of the prosess and i might just have to get 1 the only bit im worried about is the wires and the cutting :confused:

Cheres man you have proved sumpthink that i dident think could be done!

dam man that looks prety sweet 4 £40! when you get it sorted show some pics of the prosess and i might just have to get 1 the only bit im worried about is the wires and the cutting :confused:

Cheres man you have proved sumpthink that i dident think could be done!

You only have to solder 3 wires together and run the 12v live and ground to the battery, and run the mic wire to where ever you want to place it...(y)

Last edited:
You only have to solder 3 wires together and run the 12v live and ground to the battery, and run the mic wire to where ever you want to place it...(y)
to the acual car battery? or sumptik in the head unit? is there a site you got this no how from????

Last edited:
I bought a parrot bluetooth about 3 months ago from halfords,no extra leads and went straight into the back of std. blaupunkt stereo,£50 fitted on offer at time.

Back