General Team Punto do it again in Adelaide

Currently reading:
General Team Punto do it again in Adelaide

Congratulations! Great to see a Punto winning! Can i ask you a favour? The brake system you are running, you don't happen to know the specifications and part number do you?
Cheers

The brakes are Abarth as used on the R3D 328mm rotors & 4 spot AP calipers or brembo's depends what you get out of the box. these are the tarmac spec brakes the dirt are smaller, they also have a bigger
Front rotors #5739037 & 5739038
Caliper mount #5739035 Brake caliper hose # 5739488
Brake calipers #5739043 & 5739044

Good luck they will cost you aprity penny.

Best regards Phil

PS you will see some pic's of my brakes on my gallery if you like

Last edited:
I have converted my car to use studs & I need to make a 10-12mm spacer to clear the brake caliper from the wheels, but this is not a bad thing as it give the car a wider front track, but you need to use some proper geomatery to keep the tyres in side the standard gaurds I run 3 Deg of Neg on the front end, not good for a road car, it will handel like it's on rails but eat up your tyres I also run very heavy spring rates, remember this is a perpose built Tarmac Rally car

Best regards Phil

just a little reminder mario though that you need ideally hubcentric spacers, and make absolute sure that the bolts are not too big or else you will need two new front hubs at £200 each fitted if you end up bending the bolts like i did!:bang::cry:

Last edited:
The Studs I use are double ended so that you can not put it to far, they have an Allan key head broached in to them they come in a few different lengths, you just put a drop of Locktight on them as you fit them, you can do it with out taking the wheels off, if you like I can supply you a set to suit your car for either up rated brakes or standard brakes.

Why Fiat persist with wheel bolts dose puzzle me? It's a matter of costs??? But for all the competition cars I own, all of mine are on studs as you are changing wheels so often.

If you’re in interested I work out a kit costing for Studs & nuts.

Regards Phil
(y)

Back