General Taxi! A Stilo?

Currently reading:
General Taxi! A Stilo?

Hi, as some of you may now I joined the 5dr ranks with a Prestigio (facelift Abarth) back in June. Driving around West Yorkshire I hardly see other Stilos, though plenty of Punto Sportings! So I take special interest when out and about on the roads and see 5 door models with the revised tailgate design. :slayer:

Earlier this week I saw 3 - yes, three - Stilos adorned in Taxi trimmings on the M621, decked out in company livery / council plate / massess of aftermarket dashboard equipment. :eek:

Considering the Stilo is a Focus / Astra / Golf class car, has anyone else every seen the Stilo used in this way????????? As I say, 3 seperate ones in a day!!!!

A rare sight indeed. 2 doors too many in my opinion. Perhaps there are 4 Taxis around like this and they got a 'buy one, get one free' deal ;)

Out of a matter of interest, what was revised on the tailgate?

Nope I've never seen a stilo used as a taxi and it makes me wonder what the passengers would think if it started to beep beep beep while in transit..driver would probably tell them that it was the meter clocking up the fare at time and a half beep beep :D

Plenty of Stilo Taxis and Police/Carabinieri cars in Rome. Quite interesting to see a Multiwagon ambulance/paramedic vehicle also. The ambulance was an Arbarth too!!

Out of a matter of interest, what was revised on the tailgate?

Well, I took a lot of notice in this when shopping around - there may be more but the predominant differences on my 54 plate are;

- Round laurel badge in centre of boot, not rectangular FIAT badge on l/h edge. (Stilo logo in it's place).

- Complete Red lenses for rear lights (tinted reverse section - not clear)

- No fogs surrounding numberplate

- "Hidden" parking sensors, no round eyelets in bumper.

When you see one, they do look distinctly different. There were also several other modifications around the car.....two tone leather anyone???!?!?!?

That was my question, never seen one of them either - plenty of Passats, just seemed unusual with Stilo/Golf/Focus/Astra etc being a smaller class of car.....

Oh, and "everybody needs to get a blimp....." ;-)

Plenty of Focuses? Focai? As taxi's here. More Skoda Octavias since the dealers made them offers most couldn't refuse. Back in the day someone even used a Tipo as their taxi.

I tend to disagree, thought the Puntos (1-2-2b) were more akin to respective Fiesta / Corsa / Polo counterparts.

I have a Focus as well as the Punto and Stilo....it is certainly a lot larger than the Sporting!

Unless you refer to the GP of course......

But the Stilo as a taxi - I was just surprised, especially to see so many in a short burst. In the UK, i've only really been fed a diet of Cavs, Vectras, Mondeos, Passats, Octavias, Pug saloons, XMs, and various JAP saloons. Certainly never a Stilo!

rubbish the Fiesta are cento size

Well, i'd disagree again that a mk4-5 Fiesta is the same size as a Cinquecento / Seicento but maybe it's just me.

i can put my left arm out an touch the pasenger door card in a focus, cant in my punto

And maybe this is down to seatpan layouts / doorcard thicknesses etc - I can only tell you what fits in my garage at home and whilst my mk1 Punto lives in there all the time in the winter the wife's Focus certainly does not fit and enable the door to close - that is by a good few inches!!!!!!

Anyhow, Stilos for taxis......

Big wide body on a Stilo. Also, the carpets are chunder proof. Ideal for picking up fares from the local nightclub ;)

Plenty of Stilo Taxis and Police/Carabinieri cars in Rome. Quite interesting to see a Multiwagon ambulance/paramedic vehicle also. The ambulance was an Arbarth too!!

I've seen either a 5dr of an MS (cant remember quite which) as a paramedic vehicle here in the UK. Can't remember where though, I travel around a fair bit with work. I'm leaning towards London or one of the surrounding counties.

Yes I have seen plenty of them in Rome also and as police cars.

There are some Stilo multiwagons arround Torrevieja in Spain also.
I presume ones with Air Con.

Mark

Back