Tax...

Currently reading:
Tax...

TheBig-D

Right folks bit of a tax query...

I would like to tax my cinq, It was brought with 6 months MOT but no tax.

I have't passed my test yet. So i haven't insured it. (will do if i pass)

Right,

The log book is in my name. I was going to get temp cover for 1 day in my name, but being under 21 they woulden't give it to me.

So... I have purchased Day insurance in my mums name for thursday (but she hasn't got a lisence)

So what i'm asking is can i tax the car in my mums name (as hers is on the day insurance policy) even though the log book is in my name?

Are they likely to ask to see a licence from her?

Grr i just want it taxed so if i don't pass i could possibly sell it.

(Hope all that makes sence)

:bang:

Right folks bit of a tax query...

I would like to tax my cinq, It was brought with 6 months MOT but no tax.

I have't passed my test yet. So i haven't insured it. (will do if i pass)

Right,

The log book is in my name. I was going to get temp cover for 1 day in my name, but being under 21 they woulden't give it to me.

So... I have purchased Day insurance in my mums name for thursday (but she hasn't got a lisence)

So what i'm asking is can i tax the car in my mums name (as hers is on the day insurance policy) even though the log book is in my name?

Are they likely to ask to see a licence from her?

Grr i just want it taxed so if i don't pass i could possibly sell it.

(Hope all that makes sence)

:bang:

Im ot sure about the above TBH, but you mean to say that if you dont pass, you arent going to have a 2nd go :confused:

Im ot sure about the above TBH, but you mean to say that if you dont pass, you arent going to have a 2nd go :confused:

Yep i'll be having another go. But TBH i brought the cinq 'cos it was cheap and i wanted a car.

Now looking at it it doesen't suit my needs at all. (No offence to the cinq it's a cracking little car)

So if i fail i'll be selling the cinq and then starting a fresh after christmas & take my test again. (Don't shoot me but i'm a ford lover :p )

Got rather alot going on at the moment. Plus i've had a few friends say they woulden't mind buying my cinq

Yep i'll be having another go. But TBH i brought the cinq 'cos it was cheap and i wanted a car.

Now looking at it it doesen't suit my needs at all. (No offence to the cinq it's a cracking little car)

So if i fail i'll be selling the cinq and then starting a fresh after christmas & take my test again. (Don't shoot me but i'm a ford lover :p )

Got rather alot going on at the moment. Plus i've had a few friends say they woulden't mind buying my cinq

I was lucky and passed ine 1st time. Get a nice examiner and you should be fine (y)

What car you planning on getting if you let the cinq go :confused:

can't be done on temp insurance.

it even says on their website in the FAQ bit, you can't tax a car with a temporary cover note, as your intention is to remove the tax prety quickly!

although a proper insurance doc with just 1day left to run is perfectly acceptable

so yes, you fall into the category of/....

"I hate the complelty inflexible british car tax system, and i want to make a noise about it" category.

of which I'm president :cool::mad:

The persons name on the log book has to match with the person insured for that vehicle.
If you plan on keeping it on a public road it still has to be insured.

"I hate the complelty inflexible british car tax system, and i want to make a noise about it" category.

of which I'm president :cool::mad:

the tax system is rediculous. the mk2 im repairing is nearly ready, but tax ran out and obviously i wasn't insured as i wasn't driving it yet. For the sake of 3 weeks, i had to declare it SORN :rolleyes: wtf? the ironic thing is that it takes 4wks to 6wks for the SORN confirmation letter to come through. I bet its insured, taxed and MOT'd before the SORN letter comes :rolleyes:

what are you supposed to do if you have a policy to drive any car? THAT car isn't directly insured then. I doubt you could tax it with that policy as everyone who isnt insured would just slip these policy holders a few bob to tax it for them.

Anyway back to Big-D...

if your not driving it, you may aswell SORN it and sort it out when you pass and get insured. either that or get insurance for a provisional licence now, then you'll get refunded the difference when you get your full licence.

Bah, try it with anything :D

I managed to tax the pug (by accident mind you) with a cover note for a vauxhall nova, with a compleatly different reg, and not in my name! :p

they just checked if there was a cover note, and that was it ;)

Yes you can. When I had my Chink last year it was never insured on its own policy but only as a temporary car on the Brava's policy and it was taxed as such. Or if you can't chances are the Post Office just didn't notice the bit in the top corner that said 'temporary policy' and I'd hazard a guess I'm not the only one to have gotten away with this :) Saying that, it was a weekly policy, not a daily one (y)

get insurance for a provisional licence now, then you'll get refunded the difference when you get your full licence.
you have to pay more when you pass because you are no longer under the supervision of an experienced driver, so you're a bigger risk.

Original poster couldnt use day insure or similar etc anyway as they havent been driving for 2+ years never mind being under 21

Last edited:
Back