General Tax exempt changes

Currently reading:
General Tax exempt changes

rustypanda

From Scrap yard to road
Last edited:
Great stuff (y). This will allow my Volvo 1800es to qualify ( built 1973 ) :).

One year adjustment does seem to be a bit of a token gesture, mustn't complain though I guess.

At that rate of change our Pandas should qualify in about 2050, providing it was built during the first year of production, now how many of us will that affect? :p

It's a pretty weird revision of the dates isn't it? If it were the beginning of a new rolling tax exemption year scheme it would surely have been announced as such? Great news if you already have a 1973 car like you Vernon, but otherwise just confusing.

It's a pretty weird revision of the dates isn't it? If it were the beginning of a new rolling tax exemption year scheme it would surely have been announced as such? Great news if you already have a 1973 car like you Vernon, but otherwise just confusing.

Yeah, it's not a rolling scheme and neither was the last one, contrary to what many people believed.

Yes its very odd. Why would the government make such a trivial change. Good news for early Allegros but what political capital are they hoping to make out of it?

Well I hope it keeps rolling and is as temporary as income tax (a temporary measure in 1799 to fight the French - then again maybe we still are! ;) ).

I was pretty hacked off when Labour stopped the rolling exemption (everyone understood it was rolling however it was officially billed) as several of mine should now be exempt. (n)

I don't really see why I'm paying £135 a year to crash through potholes for 500 miles pa in a 35 year old car. When the tax is 4/5 times the insurance something's screwy!! :bang:

Back