Technical Tappety engine - 105 multi-air

Currently reading:
Technical Tappety engine - 105 multi-air

almost 800 miles in now and the 1st/2nd gear hesitation is almost gone. MPG still not perfect but i am happy that she seems to be running in nicely.

Lately though, over the last 20 miles the engine noise has changed and it is suddenly very clicky/tappety. It is mostly when idle or when slowing down. It sounds very similar to, dare i say it, a punto HGT/alfa twinspark with a knackered variator.

Is this normal? I know how complex the multiair system is so i would expect it to make some noise from the top end.

My oil is just over the half way mark on the dipstick, this is the same as where it was when i checked at 100 miles so it hasn't used a drop in 700 miles.

Woah woah woah, it was at halfway after 100miles? i would of taken it straight back.

Weather its normal or not. As to the noise, i would take it to the dealer, if it changed suddenly then it sounds more of a problem. Any change in engine noise is never good in such a young car. Only a dealer can tell you. By reporting a noise and getting it booked and recorded if in the future something does go, they cant say it was due to neglect.

Keep your oil topped up dude, no wonder it sounds noisy if it's half way up the dipstick.

Check it when the engine's cold on a level surface, then top up as necessary.

I took it to the dealer and he topped up the oil. (as i said, since i checked at 100 miles and to now, checking every few days between, it has used no oil). The mechanic at the dealer said it didn't sound unusual to him and since it has been topped up i haven't noticed it (thought the radio has been on since then).

I am monitoring. If it breaks, thank fiat for the warrenty :p

Back