Technical tailgate rattling

Currently reading:
Technical tailgate rattling

aqilrafi

i finally got my sub fitted, its a vibe cbr10 active evo and sounds great.

my question is to do with rattles; i would expect rattling but the main culprit is the trim underneath the rear window. when i press it down however, the rattling stops. this leads me to believe its caused by loose wires for the wiper motor. my intention is to wrap any wires in foam and stuff foam inside, but i wouldnt know how to go about opening the trim on the bootlid.

i would really appreciate some help on where to begin :)

thanks!

1 screw in the pull-down handle then be carefully brave and pull it off progressively. I would suggest its not wires I've had mine off a time or two, more likely to be the plastic rattling against the tailgate metal, try stoppin that with stick on draught excluder.(y)

1 screw in the pull-down handle then be carefully brave and pull it off progressively. I would suggest its not wires I've had mine off a time or two, more likely to be the plastic rattling against the tailgate metal, try stoppin that with stick on draught excluder.(y)

ah that seems great thanks ffoxy. hopefully a sheet of foam should do the trick.

ah that seems great thanks ffoxy. hopefully a sheet of foam should do the trick.

NP just be very careful, the plastic will break around the tailgate lock if you are not REALLY careful!

Mine was rattling under just general driving, sooooooo

I pulled it off, jumped in the loft and dragged down aload of fibreglass wool insulation stuff and stuffed the bootlid with it and then before I put the plastic trim back on I put a lyer on that (cutting holes out for the press on clip things and put it back together, sounds alot more solid around the back end now and has got rid of a multitude of rattles, boots gives a satisfying "Dunk" now when closed too instead of the sound of a biscuit tin lid being put back on

NP just be very careful, the plastic will break around the tailgate lock if you are not REALLY careful!

haha now i'm scared but will have a go nonetheless. i'm expecting it to just click back on with a bit of pushing?

Mine was rattling under just general driving, sooooooo

I pulled it off, jumped in the loft and dragged down aload of fibreglass wool insulation stuff and stuffed the bootlid with it and then before I put the plastic trim back on I put a lyer on that (cutting holes out for the press on clip things and put it back together, sounds alot more solid around the back end now and has got rid of a multitude of rattles, boots gives a satisfying "Dunk" now when closed too instead of the sound of a biscuit tin lid being put back on

soundds good, will give it a try tomorrow :)

dont be scared of it, just pull it firmly round the edges, you will see how the fixings work once you have pulled one off, Id prefer to see aload of screw heads and have it fixed propperly than having all the fixings hid but thats just me

Back