General t jet or m jet

Currently reading:
General t jet or m jet

Hi all, Just popped over from the 500 section and may stay. I'm going to trade my 500 sport in and buy either a 1.9 m jet sporting or a 1.4 t jet sporting. I only do around 4000 miles per year so any advice on which would be the better car would be greatly received.:)

haha this could get ugly.

Generally the Mjet is abit more Expensive than the tjet to buy.
If your only doing 4000 miles then maybe the diesel won't be saving you any money.

Both are relatively the same spec, both look exactly the same other than the alloys.

Performance wise, I can't account for the mjet as I haven't driven a remapped one, most can be remapped to around 180-200 bhp with alot of torque.

My tjet was around 140bhp with just an exhaust and BMC filter, adding a remap got it to 160bhp with around 240lb/ft torque.

Personally I would go for the t-jet, petrol is just abit more fun to drive around town than diesel.
If i was doing motorway miles then i would go for the mjet 100% !

well i've drive the bravo diesel and it just felt boring to drive, i'm not sure what they're like remapped

I'm very happy with my Tjet, havent spent much on it and I love the way it looks and drives.

Hi all, Just popped over from the 500 section and may stay. I'm going to trade my 500 sport in and buy either a 1.9 m jet sporting or a 1.4 t jet sporting. I only do around 4000 miles per year so any advice on which would be the better car would be greatly received.:)

WAR!!!! :D
Why the change? the 500 is a much cooler car than the GP!!!! :devil: (I got a bravo btw!!!)
4000miles/year? you should get urself a bus-pass!!! :D
Get a tjet mate, more fun around town and it sounds better, However, it you plan to tune it, get the mjet, for around 500pounds you can get it up to 180bhp+ BAG OF TORQUE!!! and it will cost you 2-3times to tune the tjet to the same level!!! gd luck!!! (y)

Last edited:
If your regular trips will only be short hops then I'd say the T-Jet would be better, the DPF on most modern diesels will get clogged if the engine isn't regularly run up to temp and allowed to burn it off.
Having said that, I'd personally rather have the M-Jet.

WW4 about to start, depends what you want, do alot of milage go for a m-jet. short routes or less miles get a t-jet. Theres obviously more to this, but the search button is your friend here. Best of luck.

No WW4.... low annual miles & town driving get a TJet, then when you do serious driving miles, upgrade to an MJet. I dont know where the poster above gets his figures from (£500 for a remap :eek: ) I dont thinks so.... more like £200! Makes the MJet a lovely easy effortless drive with economy too, but again, to benefit you need to be doing 12 - 15,000 miles a year....

Last edited:
No WW4.... low annual miles & town driving get a TJet, then when you do serious driving miles, upgrade to an MJet. I dont know where the poster above gets his figures from (£500 for a remap :eek: ) I dont thinks so.... more like £200! Makes the MJet a lovely easy effortless drive with economy too, but again, to benefit you need to be doing 12 - 15,000 miles a year....

Did I wrote £500 for remap?:confused: I dont think so, £500 for remap or tuning box, air filter and exhaust, thats how I like to spend my £500!!!;)

Eh? yes you did. £500 for tuning to 180bhp you wrote, that number is easily achiveable on just a remap, like ffoxy said £200-£300.

Come on~~ I didn't wrote" £500 for remap" I wrote "Tune"!!!
Not every Mjet achieved 180bhp with remap alone, Some only make around 165bhp - 170bhp, every cars are different!!! :bang:

Will do, First i've got to sell the 500 then find a t jet, not to many to choose from down this neck of the woods. Have any of you got the Red paint and if so are you finding the paint on the plastic parts (bumpers,wing mirrors ect) is a different colour Red. I looked at a 07 plate in a dealers a couple of days ago and there was a slight differance in the colour between the metal and plastic parts. A work mate had a alfa which was red and after about 6 years the plastic bits were nearly pink.....:eek:

Back