General T Jet or M Jet ?

Currently reading:
General T Jet or M Jet ?

yeah i forgot mpg the m-jet no matter how hard you drive it will stay in the high 30s mpg softly driven it can reach 50mpg "not remapped of course"better mpg over all when remapped i think motorway driving is the only area the m-jet will really win hands down no competition in my opinion(y)

(y) bang on matey! :D

Do you mean 1.4 16v as the T-Jet is a turbo 1.4 16v unit not 8v or am I mistaken???!!?? It seems a little strange to me since the 1.4 16v Panda 100HP and original GP 1.4 Sporting are all 6-speed gear boxes... ODD! :confused:

As for which, the Diesel is by far the better all rounder yet some may call it a little boring while other people want a high reving little unit so I guess its upto which you feel more excited about when driving (y)

Cheers
i had a look a the engine bay and it looked nothing like the 1.4 16v at all. thought it must be the 8v. whats more, i thought 120bhp didnt sound enough of an increase on the 16v engine.

also the tjet should be quicker. a fair bit lighter and only 10bhp less...

i had a look a the engine bay and it looked nothing like the 1.4 16v at all. thought it must be the 8v. whats more, i thought 120bhp didnt sound enough of an increase on the 16v engine.

also the tjet should be quicker. a fair bit lighter and only 10bhp less...

its a 16v 1.4 same engine as the non turbo and to that matter the same as the new bravo 150bhp t-jet but that has 6 gears and the upcoming 150bhp abarth all the same just tuned for that little more plus the turbo charger of course:)

its a 16v 1.4 same engine as the non turbo and to that matter the same as the new bravo 150bhp t-jet but that has 6 gears and the upcoming 150bhp abarth all the same just tuned for that little more plus the turbo charger of course:)

******** :confused: i was wrong its the 1.4 8v with a turbo charger hence the 5 speed box the abarth is 16v as is the bravos 150 t-jet.how foolish of me" DALT"........:D

******** :confused: i was wrong its the 1.4 8v with a turbo charger hence the 5 speed box the abarth is 16v as is the bravos 150 t-jet.how foolish of me" DALT"........:D
bedtime for me lost the plot.................................................:(

Big of you to admit you were wrong.
Very interesting I always thought it was a 16 valve unit with a turbo added
......never thought it was the 8 valve.
It all makes sense now.......!

The general experience from people is that none of the GP's come close to their claimed MPG figures in the real world so if i were you just go for the one you feal you like best.

As diesels are so common these days the price difference second hand is negligable

Very few cars (if any) will meet thier 'official' mpg values. These values are generated from tests in a laboratory on rolling roads etc. No wind resistance, controlled by a computer (to make accelerating/decelerating as smooth as possible) etc.

As people have said the M-Jet will give better fuel economy in all condiditions and will have the lovely low down grunt from the high torque. No one has given 'a living with' T-Jet review yet. You could be the first to though (y) .

i looked at the m-jet and the t-jet, i found that the diesel was abit common in the gp's, so with the t-jet being a new engine i chose that. the t-jet is a 1.4 16v turbo, 5 speed and very nice to drive if i do say so. :)

Go for the 1.9 Multijet. You won't look back. Apart from the tractor like noise on cold startup you will be amazed by the silence & refinement on the move. Residuals will be higher in due course with a diesel that will push 300.000 miles before popping it's clogs......

Im with grandemike, it certainly doesnt look like the 16v unit but the Fiat website says it is. However this is the same website that says the standard 16v Sporting has 17's on the rear and 16's on the front, lol.

With regards to the 5 speed box im guessing that is to do with getting the performance out of it. On paper it loses out to the M-Jet in every respect yet is 0.7 seconds quicker to 60, it must be in the gearing as i dont think the weight difference is actually that much.

My opinion on the whole thing is you should go for the M-Jet anyway, if you really want that extra bit of performance then get a re-map and you will trounce it anyway.

Rich

i'm not too fussed about performance, won't be thrashing it or racing around, already got 3 points and only been drivin a year, can have a max of 6 in two years, so i'm goin to take it easy.

Back