General t jet or abarth punto?

Currently reading:
General t jet or abarth punto?

djkinetic

Hi everyone. I currently own a t jet punto sporting and I have been to test drive a brand new abarth punto today. In all honesty i could not tell the difference from the t jet performance wise, but the car looks the biz.
There's one thing I did not like and that was the wheel arches which are black plastic. Could they discolour like a ford KA bumper? Is it worh part-exing my t jet for the abarth? Is the difference that noticeable performance wise from the t jet to the abarth? I just need to be sure before taking out more finance

General driving around the UK, you aren't really going to notice any difference. It is the SS where it comes in to its own and is a completely different beast. If you can't afford the SS kit then I would say don't bother.

Have a bit of fun modding your t-jet instead, it's more rewarding

General driving around the UK, you aren't really going to notice any difference. It is the SS where it comes in to its own and is a completely different beast. If you can't afford the SS kit then I would say don't bother.

Have a bit of fun modding your t-jet instead, it's more rewarding

after only owning my t jet for a year i am totally new to performance cars so go easy lol! what would i have to modify and how much would it cost to get my t jet up to ss standard?

after only owning my t jet for a year i am totally new to performance cars so go easy lol! what would i have to modify and how much would it cost to get my t jet up to ss standard?

I'm completely new to modifying cars etc so I'm not really the person to ask, i'm just about to begin work on mine shortly.

Basically, you need an abarth turbo, custom exhaust, induction kit, intercooler and then some other bits and bobs to get the most out of the turbo.

I'm just going for the exhaust, gsr induction kit, forge intercooler and remap initially. May then look in to the turbo if I can be arsed/afford

If I had the money, I would be straight on the phone to this lot to purchase this beauty http://pistonheads.com/sales/1489884.htm :worship:

I could totally tell the difference between my 09 T-Jet Sporting and the 59 Abarth 155 im picking up on Tuesday...

im very tempted to go for the abarth it deffo looks the part and the seats are boyo! The bloke at the garage says the ss pack can be fitted up to 12 months later as long as the engine is not too worn in so that is an option aswell. the model i am looking at is a pre reg 59 plate with factory miles and has all extras including red paint climate control and the sunroof for £14000 is this a good price?

im very tempted to go for the abarth it deffo looks the part and the seats are boyo! The bloke at the garage says the ss pack can be fitted up to 12 months later as long as the engine is not too worn in so that is an option aswell. the model i am looking at is a pre reg 59 plate with factory miles and has all extras including red paint climate control and the sunroof for £14000 is this a good price?
On what rate of finance, if you don't mind me asking?

for the 155 you could do better price wise
i found an SS for £500 more than what you found!
155 - £10950 http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1283676.htm
180 - £14500 http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1510727.htm

nice prices but i would prefer a brand new model and i do have to part ex mine first. they offered me £8350 for my t jet with 11000 miles off the abarth. Is this reasonable? maby i could go back and try haggle under the £14000 for abarth

Dont know if there is any flaws in what I am about to say but...

If you are unsure then why don't you try selling yours privately and get the max potential price out of what your car is worth. In the time trying to sell the car you can decide if its really worth the change. In doing so you will save money on your Abarth by having extra you have gained selling privately, and so be able to haggle the price of a new Abarth by offering cash than a part-ex deal?

By doing this you wont have to worry about a loan you will pay back more for and doing so you will enjoy the Abarth to its maximum potential. Also in the time waiting, you could come across a very impressive deal on an Abarth better than the one your currently considering.

I understand what I say could be confusing, but at the end of the day, do what you think is best by yourself.(y)

gunna test drive the abarth again on saturday and make my mind up. the plastic wheel arches are putting me off the abarth and i think my rap yellow t jet looks the biz compared to the red of the abarth. shame they didnt do the abarth in yellow or carabian orange, i think these are by far the best colours. bright colours always turn heads in my opinion. If i go for the abarth how much will it cost to get wheels arches and back bumper filled and sprayed so its all colour co-ordinated like the t jet? will it be a big job to do?

Back