system alternatives

Currently reading:
system alternatives

j0nny

*custom name*
well its been a while lol. but im back. havent done much while i was away, got an alpine ida, fantastic unit, recomend it to anyone.
but for christmas ive decided to overhaul the system. new speakers, new amps and new sub.
ideas atm would be a good set of components, thinkin of pioneer emotion series but not made anymore, type r seems to perform well but lookin advice on alternatives. hundred or so.
and obviously an amp to suit
mite scrap the rears, or put a set of co-axials, not decided there

single sub, bout 500w rms, mono amp to suit. lookin a punchy 10"preferably, more orientated about SQ than SPL.

i know the range in my wrk well, but i figured alternatives may outperform so thought i'd throw it open to opinions. all welcome :D

ripspeed/halfords. been fittin all types of ice for years so know all the usual brands, alpine pioneer etc etc. but your exactly what i was lookin 2 hear. ive heard a bit about hertz, but never actually got to see or hear any of its stuff. *goes and investigates* lol

My friend has a 10" Diamond
So something like this might be Ideal for you.
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/5313/referer/rc_froogle.html
I would think about geting the amp scoped and set up properly as the kenwood amps seem to be very efficient for power so im sure that you could get it running close to its RMS power which would be over powering the sub. A lot of people seem to over power subs but they really know what they are doing. I wouldnt want to recomend over powering subs without somebody confirming that it is ok.
At the end of the day though the company is selling them as a package so i would say that if there are any problems with running the two together then it is down to the company.

As for components i would stretch your budget a little and go DLS
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/9114.html

DLS Are pretty big players in the SQ game

Some food for thought let me know if that is along the lines that you are looking for and what sort of budget you have for second amp.

Hertz gear is very good (of course I am slightly biased) but I would also consider Rainbow.

I have heard pretty much all the range of both brands (including the ludicrously expensive Rainbow Reference series) and can safely say you would not be disappointed with either.

Come back with a budget and we can go from there.

yes ive know of rainbow but only from their old stuff, havent heard of them in quite a while but none of the dealers round here retail in them. i know how to set up systems properly so scopin etc shudn b a bother, long as amp matches, even slightly exceeds needs. ive had a few active packages, dont think thats the way to go for a good sys, unless proper one is available lol.
ok budget wise im thinkin:
1 set of 16.5cm components £100-150
1 2 channel amp, matched to components
1 sub, preferably 10", <£200
and an amp 2 match

keeping my headunit, has only one pre-out so 2channel amp will be run off speaker channels on upgraded wiring. if the whole thing came under hlf a grand that would be great but it would have to be something really good to stretch it. wiring i shud b able 2 get for free as well as fitting obviously lol, deadening will prob also be done but not to a major degree

had a good look over those suggestions. the hertz package seems good tho the power of the sub seems a bit low. my budget could stretch easy to the dls speakers but how would they hold up against alpine swr-17s, which are of similar money but over 100w rms. i was very impressed by its mid bass range which has attracted me to them. that spl sub is a bit much, i can imagine the shear weight of it, i think 500w would do me grand.

Back