General Sylvia's upkeep

Currently reading:
General Sylvia's upkeep

Sylvia has now had her front brakes fully renewed. New front calipers, discs and pads. Also new brake fluid throughout. We thought she needed a new master cylinder but after bleeding the brakes it appears the drivers side caliper may have been the cause of a spongy pedal as it was seized solid. So much so that I had to use the blow torch to free the bolts to get it off.

Next job is 2 front tyres, tracking down as I think it is out, and a new speedo fitted.
Jim says there's a rusty hole starting under the floor but I haven't been brave enough yet to have a look.

I'll get Jim to host the photos as I have no room.

Jim Came up and tried Sylvia's brakes last night and of course they went to the floor. Possibly still air in the system so will bleed them again and if they get no better it's a new master cylinder needed. I thought I had it sorted. Just Sylvia being Sylvia.:rolleyes:

Should that not be Just Jim being Jim :p!

Sylvia probably got scared...:D

A couple of pics as Stu promised....

Oh, and one of Stu and wee_smurf lookin soo happy together!

(come and join the NIIMC/FF Panda Section! We're all so soddin happy it hurts!)

Jim

Attachments

• DSC03075.JPG
    DSC03075.JPG
    450 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03074.JPG
    DSC03074.JPG
    427.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03077.JPG
    DSC03077.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 14
can't beleive how great she looks (the car, not d, hang on i mean d you look great but i'm talking about the panda, and, oh bugger........) despite you pounding her all over the world (the car, not d).......minicab!

If you ever watch them early 'Herbie' movies I'm Dean Jones race car driving character 'Jim Douglas' and Stu is Buddy Hackett, Jim's enlightened mechanic friend, Tennessee Steinmetz, who looked after Herbie!!!

Anyway, most of the move Tennessee is fixing Herbie up and yelling at Jim for racing Herbie too hard! lol!:D

Oh I know how my name sake feels*!

Jim

*But Unlike Dean Jones I've never had to hang off the Golden Gate Bridge at 3am to stop my car for committing suicide!:p

Cue: Stuart's look of distain as he hands over the camera...

I'm not that bad a photographer am I? :p :D

can't beleive how great she looks (the car, not d, hang on i mean d you look great but i'm talking about the panda, and, oh bugger........) despite you pounding her all over the world (the car, not d).......minicab!

Keep digging... You'll soon be in Australia! :p

May I ask how you got your beloved Panda over to the States and how you got round the legal stuff like insurance and customs etc etc?

Its been a life long dream to take my 2cv over there.

Cheers and merry christmas, Ian

I posted on here a bit ago about trying to find a Panda 4x4. I've accepted i'm gonna struggle this time of year but even 2wd's in good order seem to have completely dried up.

May I ask how you got your beloved Panda over to the States and how you got round the legal stuff like insurance and customs etc etc?

Its been a life long dream to take my 2cv over there.

Cheers and merry christmas, Ian

Hi Ian!

Tis really easy once you've done it (like most things, hehe!) but getting the help of a local car club out there is the biggest help as there's always someone to run round to get forms or hold the car etc.

I know that americans sometimes have a bad rep but most of the petrol head ones will be over the moon that you bringing a car from England and will be killing each other to help out:D

If you get really bored have a scan thou this thread, there's loads of links to the shipping companies and insurance agents that I used.

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/43146-next-panda-adventure.html

(yeah, I know it's like the war and peace of the panda forum!:D )

Jim

Back