Technical switched off and still giving faults

Currently reading:
Technical switched off and still giving faults

Sandro JTD

hi, I have a stilo JTD (y) 2 years old

all was going fine :slayer: till around a month ago when this problem came out of nowhere :cry:

the car was in the garage, switched off, no keys in the ignition when the on board computer started beeping :confused: giving all sorts of faults .. loose connection asr fault airbag fault low oil pressure .. all in sequence :bang: :bang: the central panel (the part where these faults appear) was also illuminating :eek: + a buzzing sound could be heard (n) and the rev counter needle was going up and down :cry: :cry: :cry:

I rushed the gar to the garage where they replaced the body computer and it all worked well (y)

until last week:bang:

same problem :cry: :cry: :cry:

this time I was told by the Fiat guys that they were going to change the cluster :confused: :confused:

my impression is that the people at the garage are at a loss :(

If anyone had any similar problems :worship: :worship: please help :worship: :worship:

I should get the car back next week

I've had a new cluster and it didn't cure any spurious messages I was getting. There has been suggestions before that the battery's were causing low voltage problems and these messages. Is it permanently there or intermittant?

cmc

When the mechanics "fixed" it the first time there was a span of around 3 weeks where i did not notice anything (y) (y) .. so changing the body computer must have fixed something. These spurious falts were occuring intermittently but quite often before the fix.

the second time it occured ie last week :eek: .. it was less frequent than before but when i took it to the fiat garage, it was doing it more often so i guess whatever it is gets worse over a period of time.:cry:

I'm quite sure that when i pick up the car from fiat it will be "fixed" again but i'm afraid not for long !!!

ps these spurious faults occure only when the car is switched off and never when its started so my guess is that if these were proper faults they would show up even while driving the car.

hi again people :)

got my car back .. and here is the explanation i got ps i even asked some of the questions posted above (y)

The cluster has been changed .. connections checked (apparently there was a plug loose and even when this was rectified the same faults still came up) so they continued with the cluster change. They fitted a different model than the one previously fitted .. supposedly newer. Other checks have been made but the y ruled out open circuits or short circuits because the battery was maintaining its charge entierly.

However I got no reply to why it was doing it when switched off and nothing with the engine running !!! The techician said ... that's electronics :chin:

So hopefully that was the end of this problem (y)

Hmm, wierd fault this one. The instrument clusters were updated, I noticed the difference when mine was (unnecessarily) changed. Says "Trunk Open" now not "Boot Open", doesn't do the DO-DO-DO when bulbs go, Trip Computer functions are in a different order and the seat belt light now flashes and beeps when you're driving without your belt on.

rroope said:
Hmm, wierd fault this one. The instrument clusters were updated, I noticed the difference when mine was (unnecessarily) changed. Says "Trunk Open" now not "Boot Open", doesn't do the DO-DO-DO when bulbs go, Trip Computer functions are in a different order and the seat belt light now flashes and beeps when you're driving without your belt on.

Well that aint fare mate all those extras you got i feel quite envious :p

rroope said:
Hmm, wierd fault this one. The instrument clusters were updated, I noticed the difference when mine was (unnecessarily) changed. Says "Trunk Open" now not "Boot Open",
I remember this coming up ages ago, will need to dig up the thread and see what the 'answer' was :chin:

Back