General Switched 12V for 3rd Party Radio

Currently reading:
General Switched 12V for 3rd Party Radio

Supertech472

Hi. I’m trying to fit a pioneer stereo to my daughters 2014 500. The stereo needs both permanent and switched 12v. The current radio connector only has permanent 12v. Where can I get to a switched 12v 5A feed easily without dismantling too much of the interior. Interior Fuse box suggests fuse 51 is switched but can’t see the wire colours on the back to tap on to it. Any assistance gratefully received.

I can recommend one of these.
You replace the existing fuse with this and it adds a fuse for the 'new' circuit.
They are usually called "piggyback fuse"
PiggyBackFuse.jpg

I did a little howto on picking up a switched +12v feed here but it is a bit of a faff tbh, unless you need the power feed for other things too, so that fuse thingy might be the simplest / cheapest option.

Another more expensive (but simpler) option, which preserves the steering wheel controls is a Connects2 interface. That both creates the switched +12v from the CAN bus power feed which you need, and intercepts the signals which would be going to the Blue & Me unit (assuming fitted) to provide next track, source select, volume control, etc just like the original stereo, assuming the replacement stereo has a remote control input on the back (most Pioneers do).

Back