Technical Suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Suspension

deeqsei

Steaming down Santa Pod!
Right then boys and girls, i've finally decided that as soon as i can spare the cash - should be next month - im gonna get a full set of uprated springs and shocks for my sei. Sooooo, the question is, has anyone got any of these fitted?

http://www.tuning.co.uk/fiatshop/en-gb/dept_19.html

Its the set of apex shortened shocks and uprated springs, with a 40mm drop.

Sooooo the question is, anyone had these on theirs? How much difference will this make, and what will she run like on standard 13 inch rims and 165 rubber?

Thanks

Dale

i got that kit fitted but am running on 14's

i think babysei is running the same kit with 13's on

i personally cant fault the kit, although i did loose any comfort i had in my sei, but thats something i have put up with

It's a fantastic kit. Performance is massively increased. However, for the looks factor - ask someone else. I don't see the difference to be honest!lol

thanks for the reply gaz and surfin fella.

Is the 40mm drop excessive? ie is it gonna give me trouble in multi-storey car parks, with speed bumps, etc? My girlie lives in leeds, you see, and they seem to have carpet bombed loads of streets with bumps.

I want a set of 6 or 6.5J 14's eventually, so i can strap a set of 195/45's to them. I have a pair of abarth's, but they're only 5.5j, aint they :) i know that the 195 will *just* go on a 5.5 rim, but has anyone tried this, and does it screw the handling?

deeqsei said:
thanks for the reply gaz and surfin fella.

Is the 40mm drop excessive? ie is it gonna give me trouble in multi-storey car parks, with speed bumps, etc? My girlie lives in leeds, you see, and they seem to have carpet bombed loads of streets with bumps.

I want a set of 6 or 6.5J 14's eventually, so i can strap a set of 195/45's to them. I have a pair of abarth's, but they're only 5.5j, aint they :) i know that the 195 will *just* go on a 5.5 rim, but has anyone tried this, and does it screw the handling?

I have 195/45 on my 14" 5 1/2 J wheels without a problem & they look good, give a nice big footprint on the road & have improved the grip & reduced understeer no end. Guy who fitted them didn't even bat an eye & it wasn't a Kwik Stich place either but a supplier of alloy wheels up to the 22" ones on display off a Range Rover!

well, then, looks like i'm gonna be trying to get another pair of abarth ally's. soooooo. anyone got 2, or 3 to sell, lol.

Ghost, i'm guessing that you have no probs with speed bumps and the like? What tyres you run on those 14's?

Dale

13's i scraped the backbox occasionally (and the downpipe once or twice) in the what half year i ran them, (both on yellow and red cinqs) 14's i can throw it over speed bumps lol :p my 14's are running 185/50 tyres but want some 195/40/14's (long way off though... at this rate, very long way off lol)

Ghost, you looked at Falken ZE512's? go to www.falkens.co.uk

195 45 14 v's for 38 squid inc thieving bar stewards added tax. i didnt think was too bad.

nice to see that i wont have any troubs with the new bits, im running standard zorst at the moment, dunno if i'll go for a backbox/system or not. depends on if my lady splits with me in the near future, lol. I'm hoping quite seriously that she dont though! Problem is, i'm tryin to save for a new motorsickle too!

think some one posted link for them for about 30ish not sure though, getting my wheels balanced tomorrow, gonna get them to remove all weights and start from scratch lol was thinking 195/40/14 conti's from mytyre.co.uk or something like that which are about £57 a corner lol :p (including postage etc) although at moment cant justify forking out on tyres just yet as these are v new :p

lol dont blame you on that one then. 57 quid a corner, sh.it the bed! i've got a virtually new set on mine at the moment, hoping they last long enough for me to find another pair of abarth wheels! theyre like rocking horse sh.ite!

stop tempting me :( need to get tracking and balancing tomorrow which will hopefully stop the wobble i got, if not the 14's will be for sale :( (btw sorry for pinching your topic deeq, wasnt intentional :eek: )

back to topic; go for the apex kit ;) :p

GhostWKD said:
(btw sorry for pinching your topic deeq, wasnt intentional :eek: )

back to topic; go for the apex kit ;) :p

no probs ghost, lol.

I've finally decided that im definitely gonna go for it. Just a bit worried about the speed bump on my drive that the council put in, bless their hearts. Why the hell a 30ft peice of private drive needs one is beyond me though. Its one of those evil huge yellow and black motherfuskers too. gonna be pissed if it wont go over, i'd forgotten about it till my mate said something tonight too! i go over the bloody thing every day!

Dale

Back