Technical Suspension Tweaks

Currently reading:
Technical Suspension Tweaks

mick_131

Eyup all,

Just thought I'd share my suspension changes with ya.

Fitted System 2 front struts and KYB rear gas adjust shocks at the rear ( they dont adjust and are direct replacement ). Total cost including P & P £197.70 from Proven Products.

Before fitting the Marea was terrible, wallowing, sloppy cornering, no rebound and skipped over bumps etc etc. This was not helped by the fact that she had a buckled rear wheel as well though.

During assembly of the front struts, one top mount that holds the bearing, was very notchy when turned. After applying some copper slip to the top of the strut the bearing turned freely, whereas before there was a sort of cracking noise when turning.

After fitting the above, as well as PI springs, the transformation is great :). with the help of some 17 inch wheels, she now handles the way I want without a harsh ride.

All in all, I'm a very happy chappy :) :)

The car was panned by the press for being set as a wafter when the were expecting the usual Italian racer. I have mine on original settings, but new shockers, and love it for everyday around and about. I do not use the Marea for any motoring events of course so it's easy rider personality is perfect for our crowded roads,

yeah i can back this up, your marea was as wooly as val doonican.:yuck:

but after having a go in it tis now :cool: man, looks a real sleeper too.

btw r lass was not too impressed at me working on cars all weekend, so am having to make it up to her this weekend (n) so no fun for me.

Back