Technical suspension problem

Currently reading:
Technical suspension problem

g11ary

walking towards the car today I noticed that the wheel was tilting in at the top as if all the camber had gone out.
Drove home slowly (less than qtr mile) and this is whats happened underneath. The bush has pulled out of the bottom of the strutt.
How do I get it back in it still has the bolt on it, which at first I thought might have fallen off and would simply need knocking back on and a new nut to hlod tight.
Advise please.

Attachments

• 31012006057.jpg
    31012006057.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 31012006059.jpg
    31012006059.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 22
no too dodgey.

Change it, i and many other people can sell you a used one for a fiver. a new one is circa 18.

dont risk it matey, i'd call you something obscene if you did!!!! :D :D :D :D

So I guess not having ever done one, that a bearing will need pressing out?? How easy is it to change the damper?
Who's gona sell me a damper and bearing?

g11ary said:
So I guess not having ever done one, that a bearing will need pressing out?? How easy is it to change the damper?

The car has only done 37k so i'll probably only renew one.

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to write a DIY guide on how to replace the rear dampers / shock absorbers on a mk1 punto? Mine's is the 55s model. :confused:

chris.fulton said:
Is there anyone out there who would be willing to write a DIY guide on how to replace the rear dampers / shock absorbers on a mk1 punto? Mine's is the 55s model. :confused:

Absolute piece of p*ss to do, even if youre a novice!(y)
You dont need diy guide! its that simple.
1./Undo the bolt that holds the radius arm to the suspension.
2./ Knock bolt through to enable radius arm to drop.(being careful not to let spring shoot out!)
3./ Replace dampers.
4./ Knock bolt back through to connect radius arrm to suspension and tighten.
N.B. i usually find it easier to place a jack under the suspension to raise it into place and not cross thread bolt!(y)

I supported the arm with a few bricks and a piece of wood to take the strain off the shock a little & it stops the spring from making a bid for freedom.

Back