Technical suspension lower in one corner?

Currently reading:
Technical suspension lower in one corner?

dac69er

Established member
Completely renewed my suspension in the summer and all seemed good. Springs, dampers, bushes, mounts etc.

I went on a track day taster yesterday which was brilliant. Was only 20mins track time and I didn't hit anything.

This morning I noticed the car sat lower on the rear drivers side by a good 10-20mm. Had a look underneath and nothing seems misplaced or broken.
No knocking or banging from anywhere, car appears to drive ok. Front is perfectly equal, it's just the rear.

Could it just be a dodgy spring? When I get the chance I'm going to swap the springs over to prove a point. Just wondered if anyone else had any ideas???

Springs still look new tbh. I could feel both ends on both sides we're sitting in the correct place, so it's unlikely they have snapped.

I got the full apex -30 kit as advertised on eBay. Place I got them from has offered exchange springs if that turns out to be the culprit. Need a dry weekend to have a proper look underneath.

Just wondered if anyone had any other ideas that I may not have thought of!?

Are they seated correctly? If you have been on a track day, your cento may have been cocking a leg in the air. Lowered springs and standard travel shocks may have meant it has popped the spring out of the the mounting point. There is a rubber at the top with a step for the top coil, likewise at the bottom.

It may be sitting ok one side and higher the other.

Springs are seated fine. I got the complete apex kit so the dampers should be suited to the springs. Tbh the car isn't much lower than standard.

On the trackday there wasn't enough grip to Cock a wheel unfortunately. It was far too slippy :(

Back