Technical Suspension kit

Currently reading:
Technical Suspension kit

Pippeli

Hello, I'm new here!

I'm planning to get shocks and springs for my Uno turbo -90. I'm thinking about Weitec Ultra GT -60mm or Apex Sports Suspension Kit -60mm, they are both TÜV approved, I need that over here in Finland.

Which one would you recommend?

Thank you very much for your help!

alex,

apex is a known name in shocks..

well, more among those who plays need for speed - underground I may say ;)

Thank you for your replies!

Just heard that we have max -50mm lowering over here. :mad: With adjustables wouldn't be a problem but those are too expensive.

Maybe getting some Bilsteins -40mm...

If any advice please let me know.

Hey there,

I've got Jamex 60/60, front/back (or could be 60/40, not sure...)

They do coils, shocks, or kits that lower 40mm all round, 60mm all round, or the pick of the bunch, the 60mm front or 40mm rear.

There's still a small bit of roll, but the ride's got a nice ride quality, yet is fairly stiff and the car's lowered perfectly, with the front wheel lining up with the wheelarch and the car looking more commanding with it's new nose-down stance. That's what I reccomend.

Failing this, get the Apex. Been used on Uno Turbos before. it's not worthwhile lowering 40mm all round in my opinion.

Dragaaraghg

Thank you for the info, I have to think about it.

Nice Unos you all! (y) Gotta love it!

What kind of suspension do you have in that Uno, Alex?

Pippeli said:
Thank you for the info, I have to think about it.

Nice Unos you all! (y) Gotta love it!

What kind of suspension do you have in that Uno, Alex?

Whoops... six days later :eek:

Springs are 'Koenic' (note the 'c' not 'g'), made in South Africa which I bought on impulse when I found them at a 'motor show' near Johannesburg. Cost the equivalent of 55 pounds - bargain! Posted them home in a box. About 50mm lower, give or take... Front shocks are Munroe Reflex (grey) and back shocks are Munroe Sensatrac (black). Both of these are easily and cheaply available in NZ (fronts were about 80 pounds/pair) and seem to work fine.

Theory and reports from Maurice Thomson have it that Sensatrac damping varies on piston position, so with lowered suspension you happen to get more damping - convenient. As for 'Reflex', the damping rate is supposed to change with piston velocity - I think it does...

Incidentally in the photo my car looks a little nose-down as well, but this is entirely due to the removal of over 60kg of weight mainly from the back of the car (spare wheel, rear seats, boot mat, shelf, headlining etc.) which made a noticeable difference of several centimetres! As soon as that lot goes back in, it will be level.

In the meantime I used the Uno for a trip to the Refuse Transfer Station yesterday (the dump?) and the wheels were right up inside the wheelarches (looked like there were no springs), mainly due to the weight of six car batteries and a Toyota rear subframe/rear wheel steering box. So the rear springs are still quite soft and this helps the ride quality.

-Alex

Last edited:
Looks good! :)

I'm also planning to get front and rear strut bars.

Is this a good idea to get both or just front or back?

hi there pippeli, welcome to the forum.

i used to have a Jamex kit on my uno turbo, was a pretty good kit, but unfortunaly, Jamex dont exist anymore and they are now G Max, and tbh, its a pretty poor kit now.

ive gone onto Avo Coilovers, and the ammount of adjustment in them is awesome! well chuffed!

Dunc

Hi there, Dunc! That Uno of yours is a BEAST. :devil:

What is your recommendation on strut bars? Front/rear or both? (-90 turbo)

As dunc says AVO's are the tops, my golf wears them, even when they fook up you send them back and charge you 25 to 40 notes to rebuild them, worth keeping for life and they ride fantastic even tho mine are on full soft, but on my UT it has spax adjustables 28 clicks and i must say they are great full soft on front and 2 clicks on back works realy well with the eurethane full bush kit very sturdy i was thinking of the strut braces so heres a link what have you got on the rear dunc. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Front-Rea...433QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180060521560

Attachments

• antsuno 062.jpg
    antsuno 062.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back