Technical Survey 1.2 8 valve

Currently reading:
Technical Survey 1.2 8 valve

arsedownoz

100hp ADI
:cry: Hi to all i put up a post but seems no one knows, can you answer this :
DO ALL 1.2 8 VALVE PUNTOS HOLD THERE REVS WHEN CHANGING GEAR
IE CHANGE AT 3000RPM DE-CLUTCH AND WHEYYY ENGINE STILL DOES
3000RPM FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS PLEASE. IF SO IT CAN GO BACK TO TOSSER I BOUGHT IT FROM AND WILL HAVE CASH BACK AND BUY SOMETHING DECENT. thanks again Alan.

Engine management ecu update via reprogramming using examiner for this very fault. So Alan go to a Fiat dealer and ask them to look into it and see if it needs the reprogram procedure mentioned in a service news.

AND DONT SHOUT AND DONT CALL PEOPLE TOSSER

Alan, it could be that the throttle is sticking?

My mums brand new Citroen C2 had to go back to the garage due to a sticking accelerator cable/pedal which caused it to rev the engine when the clutch was depressed....

Worth checking it out at the Fiat dealer though, hope you get it sorted (y)

Thankyou very much for help, i had already thought it was an ECU fault i cant hold 1100rpm at all , just needed a bit of backup. I drove my nephews 1.2 active today it drives exactly the same as mine thats why i put the survey post on, will speak to Fiat again on Monday i asked them last week if any recalls etc outstanding on this model punto he said none. Have cleaned out throttle/butterfly with carb cleaner and will run some injector cleaner in it, already on super unleaded seems a shame cause its such a nice little yellow car, Alan. (y) ps sometimes you have to SHOUT to be heard

Last edited:
Back