General supersprint?.....maybe not.

Currently reading:
General supersprint?.....maybe not.

2000 mk2 8v punto. Hey my exhaust has gone and instead of buyin the stock back box i might as well get a performance 1. I was thinking the supersprint twin 1 for the punto but i cant find a website that will give me a price without me having to phone them up and takin 4 eva, well anyways i dont doubt that it will be about £200 which is a bit much for me atm even though i would love 1.

I was thinking of some alternatives that are slightly cheaper and was just wondering what you all thought on the prices of these and if u think they look like their gona sound like a jet fighter takin off? i duno how to tell. Has any1 bought an exhaust like this, what did u think? also how much do you think it will cost to put a universal back box on with welding ect. thanks alot.:)

links to exhausts http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-UNI...ryZ38786QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-5-DTM-Stain...ryZ38786QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
it depends whether you WANT your car to sound like a jetfighter. ;)
if you do, look for polyzorst, they are brilliant boxes and will last forever, and give an amazing sound. however, if you buy any universal box, its nevr going to be as good as a full system, unless your system is made of high grade stainless and properly tig welded.

Well im not to bothered about increasing performance as long as i dont lose any. All i want is a nice looking one that sounds o.k. (not ridiculous) e.g a nice deep tone that doesnt make every1 stare when you move off) just subtle but good. Why do you say their crap dave? will they do the things i want? also ne1 know how much it would cost to have them fitted? thanks

can you explain your answer a bit more dave. y is their nothig inside them (how do know? shouldnt their b sumthin inside?) also y cant it be fitted to a non turbo?

Well im not to bothered about increasing performance as long as i dont lose any. All i want is a nice looking one that sounds o.k. (not ridiculous) e.g a nice deep tone that doesnt make every1 stare when you move off) just subtle but good. Why do you say their crap dave? will they do the things i want? also ne1 know how much it would cost to have them fitted? thanks

What dave says. You will lose power. You will have people tell you it goes faster. They are wrong it just sounds faster. I've bought three exhausts, first 2 were rubbish the last one was supersprint - it sounds nice and it gives a little extra power.
I paid £90 for a secondhand supersprint backbox, and thats the other thing. They don't wear out.

take your money and invest in something with an SS badge!

as soon as you see the words 'universal' on it, you know its complete waste of time and money.

and yes on turbo cars you can pretty much just run...
engine> manifold> turbo> atomsphere :cool:

I MADE a straight thru 3" mandrel bended mild steel (no one could weld stainless round here for under a grand, no joke!) from ebay and local motorfactors.
straight thru + turbo = boomy at idle, but fine the rest of th time.

do this on a N/A car, and OMG, you'll be deaf, your car will eat fuel for breakfast (think more than twice the fuel consumption!) and you'll loose a lot of low end 'go', top end won't be any better(n)

Back