Supersize She

Currently reading:
Supersize She

This was one interesting programme. Thought I'd be disgusted but in the end I totally got her and why she was doing it. I have admiration for her. Yeah she's a freak - a freak of nature too but so are the likes of Paula Radcliffe, Lindford Christie, Denise Lewis - they're not normal every day people to perform like they do and neither is she.

An amazing discipline she puts herself through - I couldn't do it that's for sure. I really hope she goes on to win the Olympia comp next year and then she can retire and lead a more relaxed life.

Did she end up with less than 3% body fat - awesome! Mind you the narrator said that a woman who maintains less than 18% body fat was at a dangerously low level or something along those lines - is that a pile of poo - I prob have about 12-13% body fat which I've maintained the last few years - does that mean I'm unhealthy???!!! Recon narrator's got it well wrong!

ok here we go....

female body builders like the one on the TV the other night: freaky, not very attractive, but fookin impressive, the ammount of work and trainin that goes into gettin and maintaining a figure like that is unreal... it is a full time job basically.

now, not all women who go into bodybuildin will look like that, there is a fitness model section, and the women who do that...... perfection!!! lean, slender, toned in all the right places! :yum:

female body builder:
pic_8.jpg

female fitness model:
christina-penegar1.jpg

ill let u decide for yourselves ;)

EmSpem said:
Did she end up with less than 3% body fat - awesome! Mind you the narrator said that a woman who maintains less than 18% body fat was at a dangerously low level or something along those lines - is that a pile of poo - I prob have about 12-13% body fat which I've maintained the last few years - does that mean I'm unhealthy???!!! Recon narrator's got it well wrong!

below 10% is unhealthy and 18% is average body fat level

beastyjay said:
below 10% is unhealthy and 18% is average body fat level

the average for a women is 30% mate... the average for a man is 18%!!!!

mine is about 9-10 and i still cant get a full 6 pac, u need less than 8% for all of them to show.

apperently bruce lee was 2%...

i wouldnt say 18% is dangerous for a woman, less than 10 is gettin that way, y do u think body builder have very short carrers / lives compared to other, less huge people. and that is also y they have a "comp" weight, and an "off season" weight... so cause it can be deadly, the number of body builder, both male and female who have had heart attacks that i have read about is insane, but that is the price they pay!!!

wat is classed as a dangerous level will be different for every personal trainer u talk to.

but personally i would say less than 10 for women, and less than 5-6 for men is pushing it!!!

I watched this with my house mate who has done a fair bit of body building especailly when he was in the Army, he's slimmed down now from 17 1/2 stone to 14 so not as bulky as he was, but Jay Jay his mate is huge.

But anyway as soon as Dan set eyes on her he said she on roids, no question and in the interview she didn't say she didn't and her mum and dad as much as said she did because you can't get that big without them, you still need to train dam hard, but to be conpetitive you need to be on them, its not like other "sports" where you are tested, you are not.

Another thing is Dan said to wait to see if she gets naked becasue of all the male hormons she will have a massive clit as it makes it bigger almost like a little *****, and low and behold she got naked and OMG what on earth was that :eek:

Did you notice she also had to shave her face and spoke like a man, geez that was horrible, nightmare material!

But I'm with Mase here, a toned woman is gorgeous!

mase said:
the average for a women is 30% mate... the average for a man is 18%!!!!

mine is about 9-10 and i still cant get a full 6 pac, u need less than 8% for all of them to show.

apperently bruce lee was 2%...

i wouldnt say 18% is dangerous for a woman, less than 10 is gettin that way, y do u think body builder have very short carrers / lives compared to other, less huge people. and that is also y they have a "comp" weight, and an "off season" weight... so cause it can be deadly, the number of body builder, both male and female who have had heart attacks that i have read about is insane, but that is the price they pay!!!

wat is classed as a dangerous level will be different for every personal trainer u talk to.

but personally i would say less than 10 for women, and less than 5-6 for men is pushing it!!!

i thought it was 18% that was said..meh i dunno was more interested in how nasty it looks..

J333EVO said:
I watched this with my house mate who has done a fair bit of body building especailly when he was in the Army, he's slimmed down now from 17 1/2 stone to 14 so not as bulky as he was, but Jay Jay his mate is huge.

But anyway as soon as Dan set eyes on her he said she on roids, no question and in the interview she didn't say she didn't and her mum and dad as much as said she did because you can't get that big without them, you still need to train dam hard, but to be conpetitive you need to be on them, its not like other "sports" where you are tested, you are not.

Another thing is Dan said to wait to see if she gets naked becasue of all the male hormons she will have a massive clit as it makes it bigger almost like a little *****, and low and behold she got naked and OMG what on earth was that :eek:

Did you notice she also had to shave her face and spoke like a man, geez that was horrible, nightmare material!

But I'm with Mase here, a toned woman is gorgeous!

tru dat... roids will f**k u up as well in the long run, the muscles get bigger, but the tendon / catrlidge doesnt, and so over time cannot support the huge muscle growth, there was a body builder a while ago who ruptured every cartlidge in both his quads while doin heavy squats on a foto shoot, couldnt even stand up for months, even after surgery.

get on the HGH instead ;)

beastyjay said:
i thought it was 18% that was said..meh i dunno was more interested in how nasty it looks..
Well wen I had my fitness test n was told I had 12.5% body fat I was told I couldn't really do much more than I was doing to lose any more and that I was ok as I was but I wasn't told that it was dangerous to maintain that I was told it was great so dunno wat this 18% lark is about - I'd have to eat loads of rubbish n stop exercising - surely that would b more unhealthy - madness

Back