Technical Super Chips?

Currently reading:
Technical Super Chips?

funkycinq

I recently submitted the thread about running around in the Alfa GTV, but unfortunately I had to hand the car back, so here I am back in my lil cinq sporting gagging for just a little more power! I read on the forum a couple of months back about a super chip that was for sale, it seemed pretty reasonable, and now im more than tempted to fit one to my car, just to give me a little more power. I have just some questions, my car has got 92K on her, but the engine really is running perfectly. I’ve always serviced the car with genuine parts and really have looked after the engine including letting it warm up properly and cool down after a taxing run. Im just a little worried if the super chip will reduce the life expectancy of my engine? And finally has anyone invested in a super chip, I think the guy was selling for £40? My car is a P 96 so it should just replace the standard chip and no soldering required? If anyone has experience with this chip and can let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Sam.

Hello,

I remember reading about that super chip for sale but i think it was sold on ebay. Check out the link below for info on a chip developed by Mckrich ( a FF member), alot of people have this fitted to thier cinqs/seis with no problems, immobilser can be kept aswell for £50 i think. I'm not sure on the strain it would put on your engine but would have thought it would do too much, depends on how hard you drive it!!!

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=14649&highlight=mckrich+chip

Nath

Back