Sunstrips?

• Yay!

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Nay!

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • If you like, not bothered really

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters
I keep seeing cars with sunstrips, and some look very nice indeed (some are disgustingly OTT though)

I may have to get one in black that says 'Sporting' or something similar. What are peep's views?

id go for lettering at top of screen rather than a sunstrip.Looks too tacky too me (n)

mcd (1).jpg

as with most touring/track car influences, it works as part of the complete touring car package, but looks very teenychav on a shopping car, if you have a touring car then by all means get a sun strip, you wont have a sunvisor or time to use it even if you did, but for road cars its just silly. the same applies to most touring car mods, like the massive rear wing spoilers that you see glued onto many shopping hatchbacks these days, whats that all about? i guess they make a handy picnic table, but the drag must slow the car down, and anyone old enough to smoke will feel sorry for you. and as for sponsor stickers and graphics, dont even get me started.

if i was 15 i'd probably tell you to go for a massive multicoloured reflective sunstrip with built in LEDs behind it that display rude words on a night and a big maxpower sticker across the middle with fast car stickers at each side and a nitros sticker added for good measure. i guess it depends if you shave or not...

unsure..
i'm thinking of a black one, with blue writing saying "sedicivalvole" across mine...

but still... not sure...

jug said:
as with most touring/track car influences, it works as part of the complete touring car package, but looks very teenychav on a shopping car, if you have a touring car then by all means get a sun strip, you wont have a sunvisor or time to use it even if you did, but for road cars its just silly. the same applies to most touring car mods, like the massive rear wing spoilers that you see glued onto many shopping hatchbacks these days, whats that all about? i guess they make a handy picnic table, but the drag must slow the car down, and anyone old enough to smoke will feel sorry for you. and as for sponsor stickers and graphics, dont even get me started.

if i was 15 i'd probably tell you to go for a massive multicoloured reflective sunstrip with built in LEDs behind it that display rude words on a night and a big maxpower sticker across the middle with fast car stickers at each side and a nitros sticker added for good measure. i guess it depends if you shave or not...

:yeahthat:

Apart from the fact that they serve no useful purpose in a road car (so what's the point? Style over substance?), most cars with them fitted seem to be Chavved up Saxos/ Corsas driven by morons.

For that reason I don't like them, and would never fit one to a car because I don't want to be associated with 'teenychav' boy racers as Jug so quaintly put it :p

Leave the touring car add-ons to the real touring cars...

Last edited:
i was thinking about one but i would have to do a tinted one, as i dont like the matt black ones. my sunvisors are ****e and the sun always seems to get through the gap between the mirror and visor, and people keep hitting my seats on the visors when they get in the back! :bang: for this purpose it would be alot easier to have the strip instead..

Back