Styling Sunroof deflector

Currently reading:
Styling Sunroof deflector

Laurieseasteregg

I'm wanting a sun/wind deflector for my Fiat 500 POP useable sunroof. They make them, but the instructions say to never use a car wash again. We are in a drought, so I must use a car wash. Anyone taken the chance? Thank you!

Aren't you allowed to use a bucket and sponge?
wink.gif

Sorry, that's probably not helpful.......:spin:

It's actually frowned on. But I do sneak. Nosy neighbors with nothing better to do WATCH for water use. So I have to sneak at sundown. Hard to see my work, and the water on the driveway doesn't dissipate well at night. AND I LOVE how cute my car comes out after done at the express wash.
I also LOVE using the sunroof (my dreams of good hair days are over, LOL)

I will live without adding a deflector - to continue enjoying how nice the Fiat looks when she is clean!
And how nice the sunroof is to ENJOY - even tho when it's open, it's LOUD and my hair looks a mess!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 55
Wow, there's no way I would use an automatic car wash again. I ran my new 500 through three automated car washes when it was "newer" (2015 with 29000 miles already).

When the dealer washed my car, there were new swirl marks / minute scratches in the paint. I'm not sure if they're not using a touchless, or if they simply dry with dirty towels, but I'm going to have to request NO WASH next time I go to the dealer.

When I took it to a "touchless" car wash, it doesn't get the hatch clean AT ALL. As you may know, Fiat 500s get very dirty on the back. Road Grime was the same as before the car wash - except it had wax over it now! :bang:

Additionally, the wide wheels and narrow track don't align very well to a lot of car wash equipment. I ended up with "road rash" on my wheels (n) from the guides that take the car through the wash!

Also, I've installed vinyl graphics, and these tend not to hold up well to the extreme high pressures used by touchless washes.

Finally, I just don't trust "touchless" washes to actually be "touchless". The girlfriend and I took her 2015 Nissan Note through a "Laser Touchless" wash, and the spray bar slammed into her front bumper and dragged along the front of her car for 2 feet before stopping. The counter jockey inside the store refused to even call a manager and threatened to have us thrown out of the store for causing a scene.

Not sure what I would do if I lived in a drought area. Buy bottled water and wash the car with that, maybe (you think I'm joking?)

We have drought restrictions here in San Diego, but you can wash your car with a bucket and rinse it off from the hose.

Double check your rules on washing your car.

I agree, no visits to the car wash.

Greg

I decided to skip getting the accessory for my sunroof, so I can continue running her through the car wash (too hard on my back to try and get her so clean doing it myself), especially with "drought police" lurking (neighbors).
So sorry to read about the touch less wash causing paint scratches. I would be crying.
I got some spare paint from the auto repair place after being hit by a dummy (luckily an insured dummy). It came in a little bottle like nail polish, with a little brush. Surprisingly, it worked perfectly fixing little nicks in the paint from the previous owner. The paint looks perfect now :)

Probably if you value it and cant wash it yourself then don't get it. Are there not any hand car washes about?

I'd never take mine through a machine wash. Not least because it'd peel my stripes and roof off!

Back