General Sump Plug

Currently reading:
General Sump Plug

Where to get a Mk2 punto sump plug from...for a 1.2l 8v 2002 mk2 punto

i tired andrew page and euro parts and all local motor shops but they only sell the hole sumps...not tryed dealer yet you think theyll have them??

BTW the sump plug i have on now ist like everyone elses... everyelse has like an allen key sump plug but mine on now which is rounded hence why i need a new one is a 14mm bolt head?? dunno why but il get ay as long as it fits

right iv got new sump plug from dealers was a allen key one like everyone else has...didnt come with a washer guy told me its self sealin on punto's is this true?? or do i need a washer?? cheers

btw only cost £2 thort itd be like £8-£10 from dealers everyone always say dealers are expensive lol

You could put some PTFE plumbers tape on the threads. It will seal better without being tightened so hard. Wind tape so the last edge gets pulled when you screw it in. If it runches up its wound the wrong way. Don't over do it as that also runches up.

Bullturd!!!!

i got the sump plug from FIAT themself gave reg and vin they sed oh its a black mk2 1.2l 8v innit i sed yeah they gave a sump plug i asked defo this one cos my old sumpplug was a 14mm bolt hed not female hex they sed yes ther is only one size that fits in the mk2 1.2l 8v sump

So i thort fair enuf bust out 2 quid for it went home today at colege had to rag old rounded one out with molegrips and weldin metal onto it to chivel away at lol got it off tryed the new one and the new sump plug was way too big, like double the size

so i went to the local motor shop near college and they measured threads compared to original and gave me one to fit.

Why is my sump different to everyone elses????

Everyone else takes a female hex mine takes a 14mm bolt hed and is much thinner than the female hex ones?? has someone fitted the wrong sump onto my punto previuos owner???

Sounds like a bodge I'm afraid, Fiats use hex bungs for a while now, we have a few X1/9s here I think theyre hex too altho Ill have to check first.....

I dont know if the 1.2 in your car is the same as the 1.2 in the mk1 but I used to have a mk1 60 s (crackin little motor) and it was a hex.... It coulda rusted and was welded to save the price of a new sump??

Sounds like a bodge I'm afraid, Fiats use hex bungs for a while now, we have a few X1/9s here I think theyre hex too altho Ill have to check first.....

I dont know if the 1.2 in your car is the same as the 1.2 in the mk1 but I used to have a mk1 60 s (crackin little motor) and it was a hex.... It coulda rusted and was welded to save the price of a new sump??

nah i it hant been welded looks lke a normal sum but ithink the priginal must have rusted so they replaced with cheap replica and it takes a smaller sump plug, but anyway dnt care lol i got new one in now lol

right then figured it out lol

i now know why mine has a smaller sump plug...its just because someone has replaced the sump at some time with a replica part (one not from dealers)

because today at work we changed a punto sump and ordered a new one form andrew paiges and that came with samee sump plug as mine, but the original that we changed was the larger one that FIAT dealers sell

right then figured it out lol

i now know why mine has a smaller sump plug...its just because someone has replaced the sump at some time with a replica part (one not from dealers)

because today at work we changed a punto sump and ordered a new one form andrew paiges and that came with samee sump plug as mine, but the original that we changed was the larger one that FIAT dealers sell

Mystery solved...! Are ya luken for a genuine sump?

Back