General Summer tyres - NANKANG ??

Currently reading:
General Summer tyres - NANKANG ??

All depends how they have been stored. Tyres should be kept away from sunlight, at a constant temperature.

If they warm and cool everyday in a shed or garage, after 6 years they will be no good. They will look and feel fine, but you may notice a blue sheen on the surface of the rubber. This is caused by outgassing. The tyre literally releases small quanities of gas. Every time the tyre does this it becomes harder.

I am using a tyre on my motorcycle that was made in 1986. It is still ok, because it was stored properly. Yes it is harder, but still good.

Thanks,

I definitely get Accelera's, been for a good price, so Ill let you know how they work.

6year old tyre is lottery, specially when I cant touch them.

Hi there,bit late response with my experience, but ran Accelera for one summer, and front treads are gone to half (approx 9thousand KMs).. otherwise not bad, bit noisier than winter MATADORs, stick nice, even in rain, just very bad lifetime.. will try NANKANGs next time :D

Last edited:
I have Nankangs on my Sei and they are just ok. They aren't great in the wet but they do in the dry, and I struggle to find anything else, my regular tyres guy said "what the hell size are these?" and he could only find Nankang from his supplier.

There is no much choices available, and only cheap brands.. Pirelli is not making them anymore afaik, and been expensive. Nankangs have new Econex NA-1 tyre, will try them next time.
Acceleras arent bad, just lifetime is really short - they wont last full 2 seasons.. :mad:

Back