suggestions for sub, amp, front speakers

Currently reading:
suggestions for sub, amp, front speakers

alex12345

hi, got a Y reg punto ELX mk2, already have a Clarion DXZ578RUSB HU and now i want a sub, amp and some front speakers. I have a budget of £250 so can anyone reccomend anything? Or is that too small a budget? (Dont need top end just a noticeable improvement on standard!)
Appreciate any advice!

I paid £70 for a JBL GTO 75.4 amp, £30 for a sealed 12" box, £40 for a JBL GT5 subwoofer and £25 for a wiring kit. That comes to a total of £165 then you need components for the front. The amp if 4 channel, with 2 x 100 watts RMS for the front speakers, and with the last 2 channels bridged, 1x 300 watts RMS for the sub.

The sub adds a lot of depth to the music when listening at normal levels, but when you push the volume it really does kick. My rear view mirror is constantly shaking, Ive had my next door neighbor come out just now whilst washing my car because she couldn't hear her television over it. Anyway, I definitely recommend this setup.

Now Im looking for some front components, however, the mounting depth is ~ 49mm so you'll be struggling to fit any standard components in without a bit of modifying (SAK-1409) I'm going to go for the Rainbow SLX265 Deluxe which will bring me to a total of about £270ish.

I really recommend you look on the classifieds on here and www.talkaudio.co.uk, I got my amp from there brand new in the box for a lot less than RRP.

Nathan,

Last edited:
Back