subs

Currently reading:
subs

NTO

hiya all how it going

well can any1 help me ive got cinq and i wont to know wot size sub to get
as my boot is well small i was thinking about a 10in sub .
what do you think.
cheers . :bang:

The Vibe active 12" fits perfectly, in fact so perfectly it doesnt move once its in. It also only takes half the boot space up. Plenty of bass as well :)

wimmy said:
JBL GTO GT3 10"sub - £30 from motorworld! That good I bought 2! :D

I'm running the JBL wimmy was on about - 250W RMS, 1000W peak, 30 quid from motorworld. Needs a smaller than usual sized enclosure (can't remember the volume off the top of my head) - if you're willing to build your own enclosure, you can mount the box on the passenger side and it will only overlap the spare wheel well by about 2 inches. There is enough bass to shake the boot and give you a headache! :D

Pardon?

Shake the boot? Try shaking the whole bloody car! These subs are capable of a lot more than they state. I noticed the world of difference when I upgraded my power and earth cabling too.

I now have a head unit with 3 pre outs (front/rear/sub) going to a 6channel amp. The sub are now concentrating on the sound they should be and certainly give out a bloody good thump.

Well worth the money IMO

wimmy said:
Pardon?

Shake the boot? Try shaking the whole bloody car! These subs are capable of a lot more than they state. I noticed the world of difference when I upgraded my power and earth cabling too.

I now have a head unit with 3 pre outs (front/rear/sub) going to a 6channel amp. The sub are now concentrating on the sound they should be and certainly give out a bloody good thump.

Well worth the money IMO

True, you can shake the car with it turned up, but every little thing that's slightly loose rattles like hell! Plus I'll get a knock on my door from someone or other complaining about the noise!!!

At the moment my sub is powered by an Xplod amp (XM-280GTX). Kicks out 200W RMS. The amp came off my mate who was ripping out his install when he was selling his Seat. I also got a pair of 4" coaxials, a fair few feet of speaker wiring and a full amp wiring set off him as well. The cost? 40 quid all in. The whole lot was new 8 months ago! :D (y)

JBL GT4-12 got a great prize-performance ratio amn works in a 28liters sealed, 46liters ported boxes.. But i recommend a ported box to feel the Bass better.

The JBL's are good. We gave one 2500 RMS watts for about 3 minutes before it died. Good surround on it - butyl.

I would advise however that the recommended box sizes are just that - a recommendation - and are designed taking into effect the "DAF" - dumbass factor.

This states that there are a lot of people there who are not technically adept enough to run things at their full potential and therefore they should run with the "safe option".

I think it is better to design a box to the end users specifications and requirements. If you need a box doing let me know - i have some enclosure design software and can do it no worries :):)

jl 10w0 is a great sub for little money i had one of these a year or so ago defo worht the cash

Van Dave said:
The JBL's are good. We gave one 2500 RMS watts for about 3 minutes before it died. Good surround on it - butyl.

I would advise however that the recommended box sizes are just that - a recommendation - and are designed taking into effect the "DAF" - dumbass factor.

This states that there are a lot of people there who are not technically adept enough to run things at their full potential and therefore they should run with the "safe option".

I think it is better to design a box to the end users specifications and requirements. If you need a box doing let me know - i have some enclosure design software and can do it no worries :):)

I was suprised when I read the booklet that came with my sub - it said that a sealed enclosure of 0.75 cu. ft. was required (I thought I would need almost twice that) - so I built a box that was 0.75 cu. ft. That's probably why it took me over a week to totally design and build the box - I wanted to get it right. It was definately worth it mind.

Van Dave said:

Would recommend Dave, he knows what hes talking about, and I guarantee Dave will recommend a PowerBass Sub and a USAmp Amp for the install!

Shop

Back