General Sub connection to connect nav +

Currently reading:
General Sub connection to connect nav +

Hi anyone know if you can link an after market sub & amp to the connect nav+ system on a Stilo abarth?

yes you can you need a part from autoleads pn3-11 mini iso to 4 rca you can get it from halfords bout £11 there is a universail sockett on the back of the main unit where it plugs in.
Oh and if you find a way to get the amp cable to the boot from the battery let us know as we are all pulling our hair out trying to do it the sticky on tec only works for the 1.2 any ideas post back
regards
scrod :)

So this would mean you are using speaker level inputs for the amp? So would you need to use an amp with speaker level input facility?

Just a thought.

HI no on the sat nav unit it has a pre out sockett this lead uses this so any amp will do as you can still use the car speakers to

as for running the power from the head unit or the connection in the boot its just not strong enough to cope as only has 180w max which equals around 15 amps max.
Most amps / subs run a lot higher than this so 4 gage cable from battery or better would suit
(IE) amps input power in wattage dvided by 12volts = amps
(IE) a 300watt per channel amp 600watts total output with a 300watt input say would = around 25 amps
(IE) a 3000watt kettle in the house dvided by 240watts = 12.5 hence for a 13 amp fuse in your home !!!!
hope this helps :) oh and if you want to find wattage then is amps x volts
ie 10amp fuse in car x 12 volts = 120watts max

Last edited:
Thanks again Scrod. Just one more question I have seen a couple of previous threads about linking the live cable through the bulkhead where people found a hole on the 1.4 but on other models there does'nt seem to be one. Why not just drill one? I sure a small hole in the bulkhead won't affect the cars structural rigity.

I've got the PC3-11 connector now. Does anyone know what size the standard Fiat speakers are & how you get the grills off without breaking them?

Back