Sub and amp

Currently reading:
Sub and amp

Well having a sub loose in the boot can be a hazard if you are involved in a crash and hit from the rear :eek: so if you cut a sheet of MDF to the size of the space of your boot ( make sure it fits snug not too loose), then position your sub and amp on the MDF, mark the sub box shape with a pencil on the MDF then you can either screw brackets around the sub box on the MDF to stop the sub moving about, or take the sub out of its box and just put some screws through the sub box direct onto the MDF, then re-screw the sub back in the box, most amps do have holes for it to be screwed down to something so you can just use these to screw to the MDF.

Alternatively, use quite a bit of velcro (one side on the floor of the boot, and one side to the base of the sub box or amp) make sure the bond between the pair is strong otherwise it would still be loose :eek: i used velcro on my previous subs had no probs, then when i had the XXX sub didnt even need to secure it down due to the weight of it :eek:

HTH

Back