Technical Strut brace for a Sei with A/C

Currently reading:
Technical Strut brace for a Sei with A/C

Hi can anyone help me, i know Novitec, Sparco and OMP make braces for Cinqs and Sei's but can anyone confirm what one i need that will fit my 2000 cinq with Aircon and the turbo?

Thanks in advance

Donna(y)

OMP MPI kinda fits an MPI Sei with aircon but no turbo iirc a new bracket was made for something but I'm not the owner of the said car.

If all else fails you could make your own.

The only brace I can think may fit is this one meant for the MPi models as is curved to ensure it clears the airbox etc which is bigger on MPi model.

ompma1879.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-Front-Upp...ryZ40192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Aaron.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Turbo should have no issues, though on some the fuel pipe to the 2nd injector can fowl on the brace bar which is not good in case it rubs through, though its easy enough to get a new pipe and reroute it away from the bar.

PS Jamie its not the air-con that's the issue, its the ABS unit that may prove a problem is it not remembering your engine bay?

Last edited:
Oh yeah good point... not really had the chance to look under the bonnet as not been allowed to drive it :rolleyes:

Ok so it's the ABS pipes :eek:

only pic ihave at the mo

Attachments

• Turbo_Sei_0121.jpg
    Turbo_Sei_0121.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 36
Is that ABS as well?, A novitech is going to be no no. I'm guessing an MPI brace will have problems with the white plumming and the res + metal cyclinder near the ECU.

Mine used to be an 1999 Sei Sporting with A/C. And was fitted with OMP Spi strut bar.

Now its a 1242 turbo mpi and i had to fit the OMP Mpi strut bar.

Yeah as I remember it, the air-con stuff I don't think will cause an issue as the MPI bar is made to curve over the MPi air box which is huge and would cover where the air con pipes are, its the ABS unit that may be issue, but really without trying there is no way of knowing.

Turbo should have no issues, though on some the fuel pipe to the 2nd injector can fowl on the brace bar which is not good in case it rubs through, though its easy enough to get a new pipe and reroute it away from the bar.

PS Jamie its not the air-con that's the issue, its the ABS unit that may prove a problem is it not remembering your engine bay?

You can tell it's Christmas time when I right "fowl" instead of "foul" as in poultry must be thinking of turkey :D

Back