General strut brace for a 1.2 16v brava

Currently reading:
General strut brace for a 1.2 16v brava

hi
ive searched every ware on the internet and i just carnt find a strut brace for my 1.2 brava so i was wondering would the 1.4 or the 1.6 ones fit it or does any1 know were i can get 1 from thanks

hi ive found one on ebay for the fiat bravo that says it will fit all modles apart from the 20v anyways ive mailed him and he says it will fit is this true or ?
eBayISAPI.dll

makes no difference whatever on a brava/o. just looks good.

is ur car a mk1 or mk2? because you cant get a strut brace for a mk2 and its a real pain to bodge one on.

and yes it will fit ANY mk1 brava/o easily. wont fit the HGT because of wider wings.

is ur car a mk1 or mk2? because you cant get a strut brace for a mk2 and its a real pain to bodge one on.

and yes it will fit ANY mk1 brava/o easily. wont fit the HGT because of wider wings.

they one have wider outer wings, inner are the same.

and as for making no difference....well i dunno in a 1.2 but it made a difference on my 20v marea!

now i cant comment on brava/o other guys a bit older than you son have said different on how a brace makes a difference ... depends on how you drive etc . on my punto it doesent bottom out at speed round corners, not very fast at that, puntos mk1,s are pretty flexi anyways.... the whole idea is to stiffin two points on the front suspension.certain makes have thi as standard. racing cars have this set up etc.. ijust wonder where you get your
information from son. this has been proven before you were born ...i dont want to sound patnorising.. as ive said alot depends on the way you drive :D

The reason it wont fit the HGT is because that Big old engine gets in the way ;)

thats why the sparco one ive got is better lol mine is fully adjustable and is a better make IMO here:

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

now i cant comment on brava/o other guys a bit older than you son have said different on how a brace makes a difference ... depends on how you drive etc . on my punto it doesent bottom out at speed round corners, not very fast at that, puntos mk1,s are pretty flexi anyways.... the whole idea is to stiffin two points on the front suspension.certain makes have thi as standard. racing cars have this set up etc.. ijust wonder where you get your
information from son. this has been proven before you were born ...i dont want to sound patnorising.. as ive said alot depends on the way you drive :D

please type in plain english, you type as though you have an accent, haha.
i know exactly what a strut brace does. every car is different though and i have to be honest it made almost no difference on my brava. i have now lowered the car 40mm and it handles brilliantly. perhaps with the strut brace AND stiffer springs together it handles even better.
and - "son", i get my information from past experiences. if you check my avatar on your left, you can see a photo of MY brava with MY strutbrace fitted.

oh yes and i drive without due care and/or attendtion. thanks for asking.

https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo-technical/99076-strut-brace-fitting.html

& puntorobb, neither the sparco or OMP strutbrace will fit your car as its a mk2. you will have to relocate the power steering fluid container and the fuse box to make it fit and then its still bodged. you might like to try a momo strutbrace... If i recall correctly, its a different fitment.

Last edited:
please type in plain english, you type as though you have an accent, haha.
i know exactly what a strut brace does. every car is different though and i have to be honest it made almost no difference on my brava. i have now lowered the car 40mm and it handles brilliantly. perhaps with the strut brace AND stiffer springs together it handles even better.
and - "son", i get my information from past experiences. if you check my avatar on your left, you can see a photo of MY brava with MY strutbrace fitted.

oh yes and i drive without due care and/or attendtion. thanks for asking.

https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo-technical/99076-strut-brace-fitting.html

& puntorobb, neither the sparco or OMP strutbrace will fit your car as its a mk2. you will have to relocate the power steering fluid container and the fuse box to make it fit and then its still bodged. you might like to try a momo strutbrace... If i recall correctly, its a different fitment.

i never had to move anything on mine mate, its from larkspeed takes a while to come as its from the factory but its worth the wait.(y)

On a car with softer suspension I could quite easily see a strut brace being as much use as a chocolate fire guard. This is because most shocks etc are absorbed by the softer suspension and thus the chassis will be put under less strain. On cars with stiffer damper/spring set ups then a lot of force is transferred through to the chassis, put simply something has to give. Hence the need for beefier roll bars etc, and why then a strut brace is a very good idea.

Back