Technical Strut brace fitting?

Currently reading:
Technical Strut brace fitting?

fasterdad

B4 taking the p**s please bear in mind I am not mechanically minded....lol Can someone tell me if a front strut brace is a case of just bolting straight on as I could manage this. I am looking at an OMP one. Just love the look of them when the bonnet is opened as well as the benefits they give. (y)

When you fit it [which isn't hard TBO] make sure you don't over tighten the adjustment on the cross bar ..to many people just tighten it down until the bar rises and that's the wrong way to go about it ..just tighten down so the cross bar is straight ..over tightening can pull in or push out the turrets and that not what you want :) you have the 2.4 dont you ? be carfull it may not fit the car

B4 taking the p**s please bear in mind I am not mechanically minded....lol Can someone tell me if a front strut brace is a case of just bolting straight on as I could manage this. I am looking at an OMP one. Just love the look of them when the bonnet is opened as well as the benefits they give. (y)

If you do have the 2.4 with a selespeed gearbox, it will not fit without alterations to the location of the gearbox oil reservoir and battery tray housing. OMP's web site does not quote a front strut brace for the 2.4 selespeed, so I assume they know the problems. So all these sites that quote it will fit a 2.4 are incorrect as far as a straight fit is concerned with the selespeed gearbox.

If you do have the 2.4 with a selespeed gearbox, it will not fit without alterations to the location of the gearbox oil reservoir and battery tray housing. OMP's web site does not quote a front strut brace for the 2.4 selespeed, so I assume they know the problems. So all these sites that quote it will fit a 2.4 are incorrect as far as a straight fit is concerned with the selespeed gearbox.

Thats right (y) the later model also have the engine sitting further back in the bay than the earlier cars as well :)

MMMMMMMMM will have to look into it a bit more as mine is a later model but not the selespeed but a manual. Cheers.(y)

Back