Strange World We Live in

petrol_main_1469173a.jpg

The youngster, identified as Shannon, describes her bizarre compulsion in a new documentary.

In it, it's said she necks up to 12 teaspoons of the fuel every day.

She claims: "It tingles at first and then it burns the back of my throat."

And she insists despite the pain involved in forcing down the harmful substance she cannot resist it, saying: "Even though it hurts me, it makes me feel good."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...oung-girl-is-addicted-to-drinking-petrol.html

Caertainly not the cheapest of addictions ... :yuck:

RuSZ

Punto EVO/2012 Moderator
Staff member
Caertainly not the cheapest of addictions ... :yuck:

Per litre its cheaper than bottled water :eek::( or it is depending where you shop or live. i.e. Buxtons 500ml is £1.20 at some shops

Last edited:

Kier

Who is buying it for her? Guessing they are the Jeremy Kyle type who see it as a way of making money.

Davren

Staff member
I wonder if she knows she's trying to drink from the handle of the can, the screw on cap seems to be the other end.

Wasn't this a craze in the 80's state side amongst arm wrestlers and strong men types, I vaguely remember something about them drinking varnish too :confused::confused:

OP
OP
Shadeyman
I wonder if she knows she's trying to drink from the handle of the can, the screw on cap seems to be the other end.

Some containers have two openings, a small one to allow air in when pouring. She's drinking from the smaller opening?

TS-87760286_red-gas-can_s4x3_al.jpg

Check the second pic in the link.

petrol3_1469175a.jpg

Last edited: