Technical Strange Squeek

Currently reading:
Technical Strange Squeek

jacko4034

Hi,
My wife drives a '51 1.2 8V Punto 5 door and is complaining of a squeeking noise coming from the back end (I assumed from the car...). Suspension bush perhaps? :confused: Any ideas?

There at the top of each suspension, ive never had to re-grease mine, but ive heard a couple of members on the forum had that same problem, it was the cups that just needed greased.

There at the top of each suspension, ive never had to re-grease mine, but ive heard a couple of members on the forum had that same problem, it was the cups that just needed greased.

rubbish there are no such thing on mk2s

take the rear hand brake cables out of there holders towards the back of the car

slide the rubber protector forwards or backwards and get some grease or copper slip under it slide to original position and replace in it's holder

they will just pop up out of the holder

this is the normal punto squeak

and wont cost you anything to try

Last edited:
rubbish there are no such thing on mk2s

take the rear hand brake cables out of there holders towards the back of the car

slide the rubber protector forwards or backwards and get some grease or copper slip under it slide to original position and replace in it's holder

they will just pop up out of the holder

this is the normal punto squeak

and wont cost you anything to try

Cured my squeak which was the same as yours reported in this thread. (y)

(y)Cool. Job carried out and squeek stopped. Who would believe that such a loud squeek in the cab could be caused by 2 little rubber thingys? (which are now held in the clips by cable ties).

Thanks.

Last edited:
(y)Cool. Job carried out and squeek stopped. Who would believe that such a loud squeek in the cab could be caused by 2 little rubber thingys? (which are now held in the clips by cable ties).

Thanks.

Very true.

A couple of years ago my old Mk2 had this squeak. I lived with it for 9 months before I found out what the problem was, lol

Back