Technical Strange sound when i shift to any gear

Currently reading:
Technical Strange sound when i shift to any gear

Chelsawy

Hi there ,

when i drive my palio at any gear while the rpm is at 2500 - 3500 there is a strange regular sound which feels like something is rough , something is not running smooth , this sound is present at any gear but it is more obvious at the fifth than the fourth than the third etc , maybe cuz i can keep the engine running at the mentioned rpm , anyway ,
first i thought it might be the engine , BUT , when i shift to neutral and i increase the rpm to 2500 -3500 , there is no sound:eek: :eek: , the rough sound disappears , the engine runs smoothly(y) .

THE SOUND APPEARS ONLY WHEN I AM ON ANY GEAR , NOT A CERTAIN ONE , AND IS NOT PRESENT WHEN I SHIFT TO NEUTRAL AND RAISE THE RPM AGAIN.

the sound is like : tch...tch...tch.. sometimes its volume is high , other times it is low but it always there .
so, what is this ?? is it the gearbox or the clutch or what ??
This sound is annoying especially on the highway , it keeps going and going and going:bang: :bang: :bang:

thanx 4 ur care

I've posted this topic in the palio forum but it seems that is no body there.

there is something i'm thinking about , the CV joints in the car are making a loud clicking sound while turning , could the damaged CV joints cause the sound i mentioned in the original post ??
N.B. if you concentrate to listen to the sound , u'll notice that the sound appears only when accelerating or driving at a constant speed , while it disappears when the car slows down when i lift my leg from the gas pedal .

Wheel bearing?

Try booking your car into your local garage who diagnose and fix the fault, this is a predominately UK forum and the Palio has never been sold here; you're unlikely to find many people on here with this car.

Wheel bearing?

Try booking your car into your local garage who diagnose and fix the fault, this is a predominately UK forum and the Palio has never been sold here; you're unlikely to find many people on here with this car.

let's assume it is not a palio ;) , let it be a punto or any other front wheel drive , what would you say about this problem ?
i will go to the service center to have this problem fixed , but i would like to discuss it before i go there . also i'm busy this days so i won't be able to go to the service center right now .
anyway , thanx for your care

I owe two palios now.

This must be the tyres or the wheel bearings. . try wheel bearings first, 75% of chances. They are not so expensive also. try changing in a pair .

rgds

Rajeev

Back