Technical strange noise??

Currently reading:
Technical strange noise??

MintySport

Established member
i hope some1 can shed bit of light on this. i fitted my k&n bout month ago, nice roar and induction suck but it died down, fitted amp other day, ran power cable thro bulkhead at grmmet point and now grommet wont go in meaning noise from engine comes thro hole, but..... i know my tappets r noisy but it seems also since i removed and replaced rocker cover to spray it and also degreased engine with spray on, hose off stuff, the engine seems really noisy!!! the hiss u sometimes get from induction is now more noticable than the low roar and my tappets have got louder!!!

pls if ne1 can help me....do so!!
gonna try hard reset of ecu overnight tonight and see if it makes any diff (clutching at straws with this idea!)

p.s. also touched one of my ht leads n got f@*kin nasty shock, think i shud replace em? cus idle and pick up been bit rough lately too!

im gonna get some leads tom n see if it makes a diff, dont think i knocked any pipes tho, i know the degraeser took all lube off joints cus clutch got stiff and so was gear change but quick spray of wd40 sortewd that. any one else got any ideas??

And for our English members :p

MintySport said:
im gonna get some leads tom n see if it makes a diff, dont think i knocked any pipes tho, i know the degraeser took all lube off joints cus clutch got stiff and so was gear change but quick spray of wd40 sortewd that. any one else got any ideas??

I am going to get some leads tomorrow, and see if it makes a difference. I don't think i have knocked any pipes though. I know the degreaser took all the lube off of the joints because the clutch got stiff and so were gear changes. A quick spray of WD40 sorted that. Anyone else got any ideas?

Some people who do not use English as their first language also use this forum. Text speak makes it even harder for them to make out what we are saying. (y)

I hope you get it sorted though mate, best of luck :)

cheers joe, constructive help there!!

i was in a rush and panicing about my car at the time!
i would have assumed all the people on the forum would have a mobile phone as they can operate a pc and therefore most people use text language!

its just a quicker way to get the point across ;)

anywho, still no wiser on problem but have replaced the bad ht lead and its seems to have made a weeeee bit of a difference! just cant get the others on from the set, bit too tight :(

Back