Technical Strange noise - Ducato 2002

Currently reading:
Technical Strange noise - Ducato 2002

Ambarabba

Hi,
My VAN (on ducato 2002, 110000 Km, distribution done 10000km ago) started to produce some strange noise (attached below), It is not continous (on a 3 hours trip it lasterd for 30 minuts) there is no vibration, no smell, no smoke it, the noise is present only if i'm moving (no noise when stopped and the engine is on).

Do you have any idea from where it comes from and how to fix it ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.mp4
    50.1 KB
  • 2.mp4
    168.5 KB
Hi,
My VAN (on ducato 2002, 110000 Km, distribution done 10000km ago) started to produce some strange noise (you can hear it here), It is not continous (on a 3 hours trip it lasterd for 30 minuts) there is no vibration, no smell, no smoke it, the noise is present only if i'm moving (no noise when stopped and the engine is on).

Do you have any idea from where it comes from and how to fix it ?

Thanks
Sounds like a bearing on the way out, does it change with engine speed Air con pump, water pump,cam belt tensioner, crankshaft pulley braking up? Or vehicle speed. Does it depend on which gear you are in, or change if put into neutral as going along the road? Gearbox bearing failing? Is there a centre bearing on the longer drive shaft? Is there oil in the gearbox?
Lots of things it could be, though to me I think it is a bearing related sound. Hard to be 100% sorry.

Hi,
Thanks everybody for the suggestions.

Finally they have found that a piece of the brakes (don't know how to translate in english, maybe bulkhead) wasn't properly installed ... they have just tighten a screw.. hopefully it is fixed..
I'll let you know....

Thanks again.

Back