Technical Stop Start/Transmission issue!!

Currently reading:
Technical Stop Start/Transmission issue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deedeedee

whenever anyone gets in my 2012 Fiat 500 with me, after a while the car beeps and the display says “stop start unavailable check transmission” and the yellow triangle warning light pops up and the car will go into neutral the next time I brake and wont go back until I restart the engine, It only happens when others are in the car with me. I always restart the engine and it’s fine for a while. But last time I drove, it happened 4 times in one journey.

It’s been an issue since I got the car, but 6 months ago the warning came up during a journey and when I restarted the engine, the car wouldn’t change from neutral to drive until a few attempts later. At that point I switched off stop start and the issue stopped for a while, but it’s started again in the last month, even with stop start deactivated. I’m getting worried about this and garages are still closed, could I get some advice on where to go from here??

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There have been so many problems with dualogic 500's that we've a whole thread specifically for this sort of issue.

I'll copy your posts across - please continue the discussion here.

This thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back