Technical Stop start system killed dashboard??

Currently reading:
Technical Stop start system killed dashboard??

H Lockley

Hi everyone very new too any of this but heres my problem.
I have a fiat Punto pop petrol.
The start stop button on the dashboard keeps getting stuck on and then the electrical fault light is displayed.
If you turn the car on and off it will remove the light and the car continues to run fine.
This time though when I turned the car off I have no dashboard no rev count, no petrol or time ect... Lights working, indicator's working and the car starts up fine.
Is it the start stop system? Is this expensive??
Help I have no clue

The start stop button on the dashboard keeps getting stuck on and then the electrical fault light is displayed.
The stop/start system is just some programming built into the car's computer. The switch just sends a signal to the computer to disable (or re-enable) the system for that journey. On startup, the system should default to 'on'.
If the switch is sticking in the 'pressed' position, or the internal contacts are not letting go, you need a new switch. When operating the switch, it shoudl be pressed and released, and the computer is likely to get upset if it is held, whether intentionally, or due to a fault.
A spillage of sticky liquid can cause nasty issues with switches.
If the switch can be coaxed into its normal position, it should be fine if you then don't touch it. Cheapest 'repair'.

As suggested above, a weak battery will affect the functions of the computer, and throw up all sorts of random issues, so get that checked.

@H Lockley

Hello, :)

Have you made any progress with this?

Battery is a possibility (age in service).. as is a wiring issue ... the main earth cable being a candidate

This GUIDE might help:

Back