Stonacre Group Hyde (Manchester) The worst dealership

Currently reading:
Stonacre Group Hyde (Manchester) The worst dealership

Well things have improved but still have not to be fiar.

The shocks have been changed much better, P7000Z's have been fitted all round v. happy with that. Not so happy with the fact that when they took the car for a road test they have curbed the front alloy and but a nice graze on the side skirt and lost he center cap on the front alloy wheel.

So I told the sales man who was there who agreed on the damage and said to contact the service department tomorrow which is going to be great fun. If I dont get a result and some compensation for the face I have had to drive over 250 miles because of all of this messing about. I am sure the manager is annoyed by now because he must have made a hauge loss on the sale of this car. I can't beleive that the skirt has been damaged after they have already replaced it once before, I am so sick to death of it.

I also dont want to end up in a crummy service car again, I wouldn't mind but I did over 400 miles in there fiat idea, didn't put a mark on it and they didn't even drive it for more than five miles and did that to my lovley stilo.

So i now have a car that drives nice, but looks crap with missing cap scratch still that needs doing and a side skirt with a big grase on the side of it.

If I dont get a result what should I do, drive down there on sat and start ranting infront of customers? I just dont know, im just fed up with all of this messing about. I bought a car from a main agent for peice of mind and no nasty suprises, how wrong I was. I was also shocked, when I got a call from them asking me where the locking wheel nut kit was, after they sold me the car and I hadn't even looked for it, suggested try the boot, and hey presto, so im quite worried about a main agent who doesn't even have a set of locking nuts.

Will let you all know how the phone call tomorrow goes wish me luck :D

If I dont get a result and some compensation for the face I have had to drive over 250 miles because of all of this messing about.

I also dont want to end up in a crummy service car again, I wouldn't mind but I did over 400 miles in there fiat idea, , :D

I really think you`re expecting too much.... Its not the dealers fault that you have put in 250 miles going back and forth ( I`m refering to the actual mileage) and generous of them to allow you to put 400 miles onto their Fiat Idea loan car.

The Idea is not " crummy" either, they could have given you a basic spec Mk2b punto or a panda which are obviously smaller. Or even no car at all.

Credit where its due surely for a dealer who seems to be trying hard to sort out your post purchase disatisfactions, after all, they did also offer you your money back when you raised the initial complaints.
Good luck anyway

I like the 'idea' think its a great car,cant understand why it dont sell more.They have no major problems,full of neat touches & I got 51.4mpg on a 400mile (motorway & town driving) trip with 1.4 engine last week(y)

I am not attacking the fiat Idea as such, it's just it's a completely different drive from the Stilo as we all know. I was happy with it as a standby car and my mother has even considered getting one. It's just it's not really me, also considering to what I am used to driving which has been a Croma, Stilo, Uno Turbo and a Cinq Abarth, it's a little different.

The body roll was somthing to get used to, the road holding was good and the ride was quite nice, it's just it had no go at all, probably because the little 1.4 was struggling like mad to pull it up the hills.

Also my complaints are not post purchase, I raised all of these issues at the time of purchase and none of them were rectified when I collected the car.

I am happy with the new tyres on the car and it no longer veers left constantly also it doesn't sound like I am driving a train on motorways anymore.

I think I have been very patient so far and after all if you are buying a car you expect it to be sorted out when you come to collect it after a week of letting them have the car to sort out any problems that were agreed upon at the time of the sale. If a fault develops I dont think I should be softly softly and one such a veering left is not acceptable considering it should have gone though a saftey test. The milage on the service car, well about 100 miles of it was to the dealer and back.

I have spoken to them about the damage to the skirt and they have said there going to investigate it in order to come to some sort of arrangment with me, I have taken pictures and would have preferred to have left the car with them, but I needed somthing to drive the 48 miles home.

I am happy with the way I am now being treated by the dealership but I just did not appricate the fact that for some odd reason they thought they could get away with selling me somthing with lots of elements of the original sale missing.

So far I would reccomend stoneacre but you have to hassle them it seems to get customer satisfaction. If I wanted a car with no reprise and also with things wrong I would have gone to a car auction not to a main agent.

I will however, be writing a new thread detailing the good points of the dealership because they are finally starting to appear to be quite professional apart from loosing my alloy wheel center cap and damaging the side of the car.

But oh well, things happen,

I must say, the longer you let them repair the car, the harder it will be to reject it. The fact you have agreed to let them repair it, reduces the sales of goods act to reject it.
Regarding the damage to the vehicle. If they have damaged it whilst in their possession, they are 100% liable. With all the messing they have done to you, i would be asking for a better loan car then the Idea. And, the loan car should be tanked up to pay towards all the travelling you are doing. Why should you be out of pocket for their negligence and unprofessional after sales car care.

Andy.:)

Thanks for the feeback, and also your understanding sump plug.

I have spoken to them again, they have said they did the damage whilst changing the tyres and have appologised, they are going to repair the damage when the internal lock/unlock switch turns up because it's currently on back order from italy. I dont know if theres any truth in this. I was going to order the kick plates from them, but have decided to goto my local dealer who I wish I had bought the car from but sadly they could not source the Abarth model for me.

I can't wait for them to arrive the factory standard ones look really nice. I also can't wait to get my car sorted out and also scratch and dent free hehe.

The idea was ok, not exactly the same leauge as a stilo abarth, but it's been nice enough to use. I could have had somthing much worse. A friend of mine ended up making the mistake of buying a Punto GT many years ago from Arnold Clark and ended up with a Mazda 6 with mega miles on the clock, plus it would not reverse and it broke down lol, so it could be alot worse.

I am however, so far appauled by the level of service I have had, I dont want to give the car back because I love it. It's the exact model and colour that I was after. On top of that the licence plate kicks ass because it's my Surname and so a kinda free personalised number plate.

I am dropping it off this weekend so I will let you all know how it goes with reguards to repairs, that is if the parts have turned up. They changed the cups on the shocks as well under the product recall so far so good. The creaks have stopped and it no long pulls to one side, but thing this is due more to the new P-Zero's :D

Thanks for all your input and support:p

to be honest with you mate...fair play for going mental,i would have done,as would any normal hard working person! the way you were treated was disgusting,if that was me that car woulda been back on the forecourt and me demanding a refund!
hope it goes well for you mate (y)

Well the saga continues, I have now been waiting over 3 weeks for an internal door locking switch. I called again today and was told that they couldn't find out as Parts are currently doing a stock take.

I am getting really fed up with all of this, I have had the car now for almost 7 weeks and a big ol, blob of grease has fallen out of the passenger side door and it's creaking like a rusty gate. Also I'm getting the Oil pressure low error message appearing on the car even though the oil level is correct and also the oil viscosity rating is correct.

I am now wishing I had never bought this dammed car, I thought, I know insdead of buying from the auction room this time, I'll go with a dealer and have less troubble how wrong I was.

Anyway I will keep you posted on any more development that occur.

and a big ol, blob of grease has fallen out of the passenger side door and it's creaking like a rusty gate.

Sounds like they greased the door hinges/checkstrap to cure the creak?
At least it shows the garage is trying and giving attention to detail:)

Back