Technical Stilo Windscreen Washers

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Windscreen Washers

I find if the solution is strong enough then I never get a problem with the jets freezing at all.

Fitted a heated washer system to a car once but it wasn't very successful. What I found happened was that solids would drop out of solution during the heating/cooling process and end up blocking the jets. Newer systems may work differently these day though

im looking on ePER (have no access to eLEARN at work) and can see 4 part numbers for washer jets, im guessing: 2 for left, 2 for right, one variant with heating coil, one without?....i wonder if the bravo with the fan type wahser jets has a heated variant....could kill two mod birds with one stone :D

The left and right hand jets are both the same. Of the 4 options shown on ePER, the 2 show for Compat(ibility) E110 are headed jets. Of the 2 part numbers for heated jets, they are available as normal or primed for painting (COL-099). Both versions of the heated jets are about £15 each +VAT.

Can't be sure from the original sales options brochure I have, but it would appear that heated washers were part of the Cold Climate pack. This includes heated seats, so if you have heated seats you should also have heated washer jets.

They are controlled by the heated rear window/mirror switch and look quite easy to retro-fit.

On the wiring diagram, P55 is the heated rear window, O50 and O51 are the heated washer jets and B2 is the under dash fusebox. The jets would need a permanent earth and a power supply from pin 31 of connector D on the fusebox. There may already be a wire on pin 31, if so, it should be green, shown as V on the diagram.

Part number for the normal heated jet is 735316329. For the "primed for painting" heated jet is 735322935.

Attachments

• HRW Wiring.JPG
    HRW Wiring.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
thats just what i was looking for...excellent!

now about the bravo jets, do you have access to a newer version of the ePER?

Yes.... the New Bravo jets are different for the left and right side. It's also not totally clear from ePER which is the heated or non heated jet. There's also no option for a "primed for painting" version.

hmmm. looks like ill have to go poke my dealer....didnt know any stilo had painted jets tho!

Mine has.

Think I've sorted the new Bravo part numbers.

Driver's side (for RHD car), 735445407. Passenger side 73544409. About £9 +VAT. Strange thing is, the unheated ones are about £10 +VAT.

Two things to consider if you're thinking of fitting Bravo heated jets to a Stilo.
  • The jets may be handed if they are designed to fit over a ridge in the Bravo bonnet.
  • The mist idea may work by using smaller jets and a higher pressure pump.

Last edited:
Arg - What strength solution should I be looking for?
Really depends what is says on the bottle but I'd work on the basis you want protection to at least -10°C (-20°C in Scotland)

The more concentrated the better basically, although I find in the Stilo you get quite a whiff of the solution every time you use the washers which is kinda a good reminder that it's up to strength :)

Mine has.

Think I've sorted the new Bravo part numbers.

Driver's side (for RHD car), 735445407. Passenger side 73544409. About £9 +VAT. Strange thing is, the unheated ones are about £10 +VAT.

Two things to consider if you're thinking of fitting Bravo heated jets to a Stilo.
  • The jets may be handed if they are designed to fit over a ridge in the Bravo bonnet.
  • The mist idea may work by using smaller jets and a higher pressure pump.

I've already fitted new Bravo jets to my Schumi. Yes, they are handed and come with two (different) lengths of tubing attached (which I discarded). They fit flush to the Stilo bonnet without problems. You will need to remove part of the under-bonnet liner to access the jets, and it's worth buying half a dozen new clips to keep the lining in place. I found it was impossible to remove the clips without breaking them.

If you use the right liquid, it's not going to freeze under any circumstances, with or without the heated elements.

I use JetXpert -30
JetXpert -30.jpg

I'm sure you have it as well because I've seen it in your stores. It's awesome and have tested it in 2008 at about -25 degrees Celsius in Brasov and it was working just fine. Cost is around 8 pounds for the 5l bag. Absolutely nothing froze, and I don't even know if I have preheated washers.

How can I tell?

LE: I have manual AC on both my Stilos so nevermind. I'm sure I don't have them. :)

Last edited:
I don't even know if I have preheated washers.

How can I tell?

LE: I have manual AC on both my Stilos so nevermind. I'm sure I don't have them. :)

If you have heated washer jets, there will be 2 wires, probably 1 green and 1 black, going under the bonnet insulation near one of the bonnet hinges.

The fact that you don't have automatic climate control, doesn't mean you don't have heated washer jets.

Go on eBay and look for isopropyl alcohol(the 99.9% stuff), i used it last year when i worked for a chemical supplier and it did the trick, about £5 for a litre inc delivery. just use a couple of cap fulls.

The fact that you don't have automatic climate control, doesn't mean you don't have heated washer jets.

Indeedy. I believe they were part of a Winter Pack available on the Stilo. Their might've been two Winter Packs to pick from, comprising of different options. Unfortunately i can't find my Stilo literature since we moved house so i can't check :(

ok, so i bought some 'good' stuff and stuck it n un-diluted and it still froze. Grrrrr. I cant see a thing when im driving, have to stop and wipe the window every 5 mins (n)

Last edited:
ok, so i bought some 'god' stuff and stuck it n un-diluted and it still froze. Grrrrr. I cant see a thing when im driving, have to stop and wipe the window every 5 mins (n)
That don't make any sense :confused:

Don't forget you need to run it through all the pipework and jets after filling the bottle and if you used the stuff I recommended then you'll know it's working because of the smell and froth on the windscreen.

All the same it's a good idea to clean your wiper blades if already caked in ice BEFORE you start your journey.

Back