General stilo traded .

Currently reading:
General stilo traded .

ian brooker

just traded my stilo 1.2 active 3 door after 4 years of pleasure and pain . pleasure in the way of great looking car. comfort and easy to drive and good fuel econemy . pain as in niggley faults e.g clutch judder , airbag faults , squeaky peddles , suspension noises etc . as the fiat dealer said you must have got one of the early bad ones they made them better the more they made , just my luck i guess . anyway i am off to view the grande punto massive cause i just got my red 3 door stripe .i never started many threads more of a watcher , but the stilo massive have been a great help and a joy to watch thanks to you all

just traded my stilo 1.2 active 3 door after 4 years of pleasure and pain . pleasure in the way of great looking car. comfort and easy to drive and good fuel econemy . pain as in niggley faults e.g clutch judder , airbag faults , squeaky peddles , suspension noises etc . as the fiat dealer said you must have got one of the early bad ones they made them better the more they made , just my luck i guess . anyway i am off to view the grande punto massive cause i just got my red 3 door stripe .i never started many threads more of a watcher , but the stilo massive have been a great help and a joy to watch thanks to you all

A shame:eek: hope you have better luck with the Punto(y)

Good to see your sticking with fiat(y)

I must admit I have never been a fan of the stilo but was looking at a silver (grey?) one the other day & they are (were?) a good looking car & first time I drove one I thought it had a modern feel about it...ahhhh I'm praising a stilo:eek: .....hope Phil dont read this! ;)

Good luck with the GP:)

Good to see your sticking with fiat(y)

I must admit I have never been a fan of the stilo but was looking at a silver (grey?) one the other day & they are (were?) a good looking car & first time I drove one I thought it had a modern feel about it...ahhhh I'm praising a stilo:eek: .....hope Phil dont read this! ;)

Good luck with the GP:)

The stilo has been a nice little earner for you over the years with all those black market under trays that never got fitted back on ;)

The stilo has been a nice little earner for you over the years with all those black market under trays that never got fitted back on ;)

true........but all that melted plastic ain't been good for the ozone layer:(

To be serious for a moment,there has actually been alot of stilos going through the garage recently with customers spending money to get their car 'up to scratch' .....with a view to keep? (or sell?)

To be serious for a moment,there has actually been alot of stilos going through the garage recently with customers spending money to get their car 'up to scratch' .....with a view to keep? (or sell?)

Hopefully the former (y) Whilst I'm still havering about a 150 I do keep mine in A1 condition - I guess that's the trouble with being an enthusiast (or simply nuts :eek: ).

I had a Bravo which was OK and then had a rush of blood to the wallet and bought a year old Stilo in '05. Unfortunately the worst car I've ever had bar nothing (even my '85 Talbot Alpine). Never broke down but was never 100% either. Electrics, air con, tracking, gearbox. One niggling fault after another. Not helped by getting the clockwork powered 1.2 version.

Finally got it sorted after threatening serious personal harm to the Fiat service manager, his wife, kids, grandkids etc..

One week later I was sitting at lights when a dear girl yapping on her phone (pink Nissan Micra) crashed into the back at 30mph and wrote both cars off. Nearly wrote herself off as well..not wearing a seatbelt. First time in years I've done major first aid...

Then I bought a Fiat Coupe, Correction...3 Fiat coupes..one after another. Now I have a Barchetta.

I had a Bravo which was OK and then had a rush of blood to the wallet and bought a year old Stilo in '05. Unfortunately the worst car I've ever had bar nothing (even my '85 Talbot Alpine). Never broke down but was never 100% either. Electrics, air con, tracking, gearbox. One niggling fault after another. Not helped by getting the clockwork powered 1.2 version.

Finally got it sorted after threatening serious personal harm to the Fiat service manager, his wife, kids, grandkids etc..

One week later I was sitting at lights when a dear girl yapping on her phone (pink Nissan Micra) crashed into the back at 30mph and wrote both cars off. Nearly wrote herself off as well..not wearing a seatbelt. First time in years I've done major first aid...

Then I bought a Fiat Coupe, Correction...3 Fiat coupes..one after another. Now I have a Barchetta.

Hopefully it was a well learnt lesson for the stupid kid, she was lucky she "walked" out of that one, how comes you bought 3 coupes?

Test drove a 20v non turbo coupe for a friend. Liked it and bought it instead. Wanted more power so bought a 20vt which I sold the the friend above. Finally bought a '00 low miler 20vt, tuned, it fiddled with it etc.

Got too hard and expensive to get the parts here in Ireland so sold it. Girlfriend wanted an MX5 so we settled on a Barchetta.

Back