Technical Stilo Sky Roof

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Sky Roof

carmadboy

OH guys i'd love to get 1 of those cool skywindow/sunroof(woteva its called) things fitted to my stilo, has any1 had it done? and how much will/did it cost?

The sunroof is made by webasto which supplies mercedes also and other car companies. iF you want the same exact one as the stilo its not worth the money because webasto sells the specific sunroof type through fiat only and buying the part straight from fiat is mad expensive. Try and go for a simple aftermarket webasto.

Stilatos said:
The sunroof is made by webasto which supplies mercedes also and other car companies. iF you want the same exact one as the stilo its not worth the money because webasto sells the specific sunroof type through fiat only and buying the part straight from fiat is mad expensive. Try and go for a simple aftermarket webasto.
Interesting that the Sky Roof is exclusive to Fiat & Mercedes.

I saw one on a Mercedes 'A' class the other day and just for a few seconds thought I was looking at a Stilo :confused:

Have to say I don't think any of the available Webasto models match up to the Sky Roof :)

Last edited:
hi it was me who fitted the sky sunroof to my stilo multiwagon!!! got it all done now works great!!!! just in time for all the good weather we have been having.. can get you some pictures of the job if you want...

Hi, sorry if i'm repeating what someone has already answered but i need a new multi panel sunroof for my stilo as mine is not working and i want to know where in west mids i can get one supplied and fitted.

hes said:
Hi, sorry if i'm repeating what someone has already answered but i need a new multi panel sunroof for my stilo as mine is not working and i want to know where in west mids i can get one supplied and fitted.
Surely most people would try to have the original repaired :confused:

tried that but the mechanism not working and fiat don't supply the parts you have to buy the whole unit.

hes said:
tried that but the mechanism not working and fiat don't supply the parts you have to buy the whole unit.
So how bad is it?

Can you open the blind?

Can you manually open the sky-roof (with key in header console) ?

Do you know which part is broken?

blind doesn't work, cannot open manually, motor and switch have already been replaced, told its the mechanism!

wasn't done by fiat dealer, was done by a small garage, paid for by the garage i bought it off, who no longer wants to pay for it any more but has too!

The garage i bought the car off sent it to a non fiat dealer (to save money i suppose), but now he knows its going to cost £1000+ he doesn't want to get it fixed.

hes said:
The garage i bought the car off sent it to a non fiat dealer (to save money i suppose), but now he knows its going to cost £1000+ he doesn't want to get it fixed.
I see we've been through all this before.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you can't open it with a key?

If you can't then the obvious thing to do is take it to a main dealer. If I was you I'd check if they've replaced one and only go to a dealer that's done the job before.

Yep agree 'argo',not really hard job but time consuming.Theres also a few things you should watch out for or.....its more money down the drain!

Had 3 jobs this week brought in by customers who took it too local garages insteard of proper dealer...total cost of the 3 cars to put right.....£1100 !!

Keep them coming guys:devil:

Back