Technical Stilo shocks...

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo shocks...

StiloSport

Right, I was asked this last night by a neighbour who lives just up the road. He is after lowering and uprating his suspension so I told him to stick to Eibachs(;)).

Now here comes the bit I couldn't answer for him, he wanted to know if Stilo Abarth shocks would fit his 1.6 if he gets it lowered? Any ideas anyone?:confused:

Just looked on the Bilstein website, to see if there is any correlation in part numbers between the 1.6 and 2.4 BUT the 2.4 is not listed :confused:

I then looked at the Koni ones, and they list the 2.4 Sports shocks different to all the other engine sizes.

So from going on that, I would say NO.

Mmm... Maybe that's because the Abarth shocks are harder than the base models items and so the uprated ones might be harder too?:confused: I just thought that seeing as you can fit (for example) Astra GSI suspension to a non GSI, it might be possible to do this with other manufacturers. Might have a wander down to a motor factors with my neighbour and have a look at the differences between the 1.6 and the 2.4.

Good morning all now even if the main mounting point ie- 3bolt fixing matches up you will still have a lot to alter ie -does the fixing point between strut/hub match if not youle need hub.discs.calipers. etc do you see what I mean there are a lot of things you may have to change because of non compatability between the two :bang: hope that helps could be cheaper to go for the suspension upgrade (y)

Back