Technical stilo schumacher gp problem

Currently reading:
Technical stilo schumacher gp problem

bigouw

my little schumacher number 29 has a very anoying problem
on slightly bumpy roads a very loud knocking noise comes from underneath
had it up on a ramp at a garage and fixed all the plastic plates under car which was loose still no joy, merchanic said its not the wheels or roll bar joints so he don,t no what it is so is there anyone out there who has had this problem or no what it could be thanks guys

my little schumacher number 29 has a very anoying problem
on slightly bumpy roads a very loud knocking noise comes from underneath
had it up on a ramp at a garage and fixed all the plastic plates under car which was loose still no joy, merchanic said its not the wheels or roll bar joints so he don,t no what it is so is there anyone out there who has had this problem or no what it could be thanks guys

I have a similar rattling noise from underneath. Only occurs when driving over surfaces with knobbly chippings. Checked all the usual suspects (exhaust, heat shields, undertray etc). Time to get it on the ramps again I think...

I'd still have the anti roll bar links changed anyway and then see what happens as it defo sounds like them from what you're saying. I had the same thing on the beast and no one could point a finger at it she even passed her MOT:eek:. £15 for a pair and you're sorted now she is quet over bumpy surfaces

thanks guys for all your answers to my little rattle in the schuey
months have passed and yes the noise is still there,
been to 4 garages, had different parts replaced but no joy
so got so desperate (must of been to do this)
i took it to fiat to sort out, after 2 days of saying we can't hear it
i took the guy out in it, on a road i new done it justice
he then said they new what it was.
needed a full steering rack, believe it or not it was under warranty
3 days later new steering rack, guy said can,t hear it now,
great i thought drove it home felt great
next day drove it on the road that makes it rattle and guess what
rattle rattle rattle.
and to top it all the next day came down to go to work and the back window had smashed through all the times it had been on the ramp
still a nice car but boy do there give you grief

You say you've had different parts replaced, but you don't say which. If you've not changed the drop links that would be my first suggestion. I've had an annoying rattle for a while and recently changed mine.

I found that the rubber seal on one of the joints had split, letting all the grease out and water in. Result? Rattle! It's now blissfully silent.

Back