Technical Stilo Sat nav unit

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Sat nav unit

wookie

Im trying to locate a sat nav unit for my stilo, when i find one do i need the discs and a 'code' to fit, or can i just get the unit and locate discs of here or the internet along with a key code if its needed.
Plus if i get a blaupunkt 5 disc changer 2nd hand do i need a specific lead to connect the two.
Any info welcome.
(Stilo 2.4 abarth selespeed)

ohhh ive seen the one in the classifieds for sale by 'dickybow' who connected once to agree a sale and has now dropped off the face of the earth plus mobile number shown isnt connected ( is it a scam? )

Thanks for the offer but its 100% un repairable (its a long story).Ill have a look on fleabay unless anyothers pop up. Its a shame the one on here is ideal from dickybow as he's minutes away from me. Hay ho

Thanks for the offer but its 100% un repairable (its a long story).Ill have a look on fleabay unless anyothers pop up. Its a shame the one on here is ideal from dickybow as he's minutes away from me. Hay ho

I want it then. I am sure there are some bits I can scavange off it. What happened to it?

Hi Guys,
I am new to Stilo ownership - 1 day and counting. Bought a Selespeed Abarth and found out there are gearbox issues! Found a scrapper in Bridgwater, Somerset, that has an Abarth with a Nav unit intact in the dash. Asked him how much he wanted but said the 'boss' would want big money. Best to see them on a Saturday though. They are open until 2pm on Saturdays.

My CN+ tried to update it with the disc supplied with car. Yes it crashed the unit. Any way bought one of fleebay but it is now asking for a code. I have tried my code but it wont work. Anyone any ideas if they can be decoded or what?

I email MM in Italy if you send them you unit they will give an estimate for repair about 180 euros. if you don't accept it is still 135 euros. If anyone is interested I will send them a copy of the email.

Little trick, make sure your battery is okay etc and do the 9.8 update.... after that it wont ask for a code again until the power is removed from the unit.

Some people think there is a magic unlock 9.8 firmware, but there isnt, its just the 9.8 firmware ;)

Dan

The code is available from Fiat or Magneti Marelli depending on whether it's a new or reconditioned unit. I think new units have serial numbers begining 2G and reconditioned units 16ZR.

Any Fiat dealer can obtain the code from Italy but most don't realise they can, or don't want to get it. There was a Service Bulletin about it issued to dealers some years ago.

If you find a dealer willing to get it for you, they will need a high definition photograph of the paper label on top of the unit showing the serial number and bar code.

Dave.

Little trick, make sure your battery is okay etc and do the 9.8 update.... after that it wont ask for a code again until the power is removed from the unit.

Some people think there is a magic unlock 9.8 firmware, but there isnt, its just the 9.8 firmware ;)

Dan

That's just spoilt a few people's illusions Dan. :ROFLMAO:

Dave.

Back