General Stilo Prices

Currently reading:
General Stilo Prices

Sorry, how can it litteraly go up in value if its constantly devaluing? I take it you mean it'll become more desirable? Which i doubt, because the buying public in general are bawbags and always want the newest model. Fickle bunch lol!

Me, like you, i bought my car to drive, to hang onto until bits are hanging off it then get rid of it!

Sorry, how can it litteraly go up in value if its constantly devaluing? I take it you mean it'll become more desirable? Which i doubt, because the buying public in general are bawbags and always want the newest model. Fickle bunch lol!
Agreed - but you can hope :D

Me, like you, i bought my car to drive, to hang onto until bits are hanging off it then get rid of it!
I intend to keep mine in as good a nick as I can - not because it will be worth more - I just don't like driving tatty cars :spin:

The forecourt price of a car.

Depends a lot on how common the car is. I dealer say selling a Ford Focus, can't just up the price as the customer can always pop down the road to another dealer and buy the same car there.

If the dealer is selling quite a rare car (say the Stilo) then the dealer can up the price and there's not much the customer can do about it (let's assume the customer really wants a Stilo - for whatever reason). It can also go the other way. The dealer might not like the idea of an uncommon car on his forecourt so he actually lowers the price to sell it quickly.

The point is that when selling a rare car (or any other uncommon item for that matter) then the selling price can be very volatile (as in it can go very high if even just a few people want it or very low if nobody wants it).

It's in these situations your Glass's & Parkers guide are pretty useless and all you can really say for certain is the value of car is simply what someone's prepared to pay for it :)

That'll explain why my local fiat dealer just offered me...wait for it £3700 (trade in) for a 54 plate 1.6 active sport with 18k miles on the clock and still under warranty...i know they depreciate but jesus h christ...they must know its history lolol

That'll explain why my local fiat dealer just offered me...wait for it £3700 (trade in) for a 54 plate 1.6 active sport with 18k miles on the clock and still under warranty...i know they depreciate but jesus h christ...they must know its history lolol
well atleast you didnt have the unfourtunate news that my dealer would only offer me £1500 trade in for my 52 plate dynamic, 60k isnt even that high a mileage but then again it is the stilo...

After my day was going well with the stilo this really did make me wanna cry!:cry:

Theres no escaping it Stilo prices are going down fast. Dealers heavily discounted new ones as early as 2004 and now Fiat wont even mention the Stilo in the new Bravo literature like they are embarassed. The lotoring press is also looking on the Stilo as a failure:cry: In a few years they will be seen as a bargain as opposed to 'cheap crap' that the trade seems to think they are now.

I think you guys are trying to depress yourselves :(

Stop taking it to a dealer (who's only after a fast buck anyway), give it a good polish, leave it on your driveway with a for sale sign (for a large amount) and see what happens :slayer:

I think you guys are trying to depress yourselves :(

Stop taking it to a dealer (who's only after a fast buck anyway), give it a good polish, leave it on your driveway with a for sale sign (for a large amount) and see what happens :slayer:

I'm not worried! I got mine off (of!) E-bay cheap so I'm happy:) ...but I was reading Top Gear mag today about the new Bravo and Fiats complete lack of recognition for the Stilo os embarassing (the magazine didnt make any judgements to be fair...but then they rated it 2/5 to begin with)

Back