General Stilo Prices ££££

Currently reading:
General Stilo Prices ££££

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree you've got to enjoy life which is why I haven't had much concern over swapping my cars regularly, best I managed was 3 cars in one year, and now settled on changing every 3 years....hence the growing itch to look at replacing the Stilo, it's 3rd birthday arrives on the 24rd December I felt like a little xmas present for myself :D

As for the 1.2, I've recently had the pleasure of driving the new Astra sporthatch.....1.4. Nice car, great handling, shame about the tortoise engine, I couldn't even start to think about overtaking without revving the ******** off, ringing the engine to the point of destruction!

thepottleflump said:
As for the 1.2, I've recently had the pleasure of driving the new Astra sporthatch.....1.4. Nice car, great handling, shame about the tortoise engine, I couldn't even start to think about overtaking without revving the ******** off, ringing the engine to the point of destruction!

And that would make you a good driver or a bad driver? :p

I've never felt the need to revving my engine to destruction just to overtake! Either i'm going fast enough to overtake, in which case the bloke being overtaken must not be breaking the speedlimit, or i'm not going fast enough in which case i'll not be sitting apparently glued to his bumper!

Personally i think your not enjoying yourself if you replace your car every year, you surely must not like the car if you replace it so quickly! I enjoy having the extra cash in my pocket to spend on things that matter! Not on how i get to work!

Exactly that Steve - I enjoy paying to get to work, coz it brings a smile to my face (y)

I have driven the 1.2 on the work commute - forget it, I was pulling my hair out when I came to overtake - it just has no pull at 105 ;)

I bought my JTD for sensible reasons - mainly due to an ever increasing annual mileage - but I still enjoy driving it.
I get almost 50mpg but also the ability to overtake and cruise at high speeds.

If I get a job much closer to home I'll change it for something less practical and petrol powered but as things stand it's the perfect compromise.

I bought my Fiat for sensible reasons, does any model of Stilo really have soul? Nice car an all, but i doubt in 20 years time many folk will still own their Stilo and love it!

My Mini Cooper is for fun!

Anyhoo, i think the 1.2 Stilo sounds ok when spanked! When needs must! 105! you must be a fat boy, even i managed 110 and i am a fat boy! :p

StiloBoy said:
Anyhoo, i think the 1.2 Stilo sounds ok when spanked! When needs must! 105! you must be a fat boy, even i managed 110 and i am a fat boy! :p
Re-read post, booting it from 105 in the Abarth makes me smile, booting it from 105 in 1.2 doesn't :p

StiloBoy said:
I bought my Fiat for sensible reasons, does any model of Stilo really have soul? Nice car an all, but i doubt in 20 years time many folk will still own their Stilo and love it!

My Mini Cooper is for fun!

If you're a fat boy (your words) then you will find the Mini Cooper somewhat cramped. :eek: Me I like space, comfort and speed ie my Abarth :D which I plan to have in 20 years - if possible.

110 is unimportant - it's how you get there and that's what the Abarth is all about.:D

StiloBoy said:
And that would make you a good driver or a bad driver? :p

I've never felt the need to revving my engine to destruction just to overtake! Either i'm going fast enough to overtake, in which case the bloke being overtaken must not be breaking the speedlimit, or i'm not going fast enough in which case i'll not be sitting apparently glued to his bumper!

Personally i think your not enjoying yourself if you replace your car every year, you surely must not like the car if you replace it so quickly! I enjoy having the extra cash in my pocket to spend on things that matter! Not on how i get to work!

Nah I replace my cars regularly because I like cars and can afford to. I'm surprised I've made it this far with the Fiat 2.5 is a recent record.

Whoever said they'd still be driving their Stilo in 20 years time is mad, I doubt there will be a whole lot of petrol around in 20 years time unless the USA converts to Diesel, and someone prevents China/India buying cars. We'll all be driving some sort of hybrid type car by then.

I don't stick to 70mph, but doing 100mph is just crazy in our nanny state!

With the mini is about preservation of speed! not about breaking the speed limit! Doing 60mph down a winding back road, when everyone else is driving their wheels off trying to keep up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back